Chapter 9

Kai's POV

It's Wednesday morning. Megan had to go into work earlier than me since I had to go to one of the warehouses and take care of some stuff.

The party for the firm is in two days and I'm a little nervous. I've had countless conversations with Megan and the security teams to make sure that everything will run smoothly. I don't want any uninvited guests.

There's also a meeting I have today at my house regarding the law firm so I have to leave the firm and go back home in an hour or so.

I park next to Hazels car and internally groan. She has the audacity to call me spoiled when she drives a car like that.

I make my way towards the building and quickly get in the elevator. When I get off I go towards Megan's desk. She's so focused on her computer that she doesn't see me.

I peak over the computer, "what are you watching?"

She looks at me at then looks back at the computer, "criminal minds."

"Did you print the papers I asked you to?"

"Nope." She replies nonchalantly.

"What do you mean no?"

She pauses the show, "The printer wasn't working."

"Megan I need those papers for my meeting." I reply a little annoyed.

She points towards the area the printer room is, "Go fix it then."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. Sometimes she can be so impossible.

I leave her and go towards the printer room. I open the door, step inside and close the door again. When I turn around Hazel is standing right by the printer.

She jumps a little, "you scared me."

"Sorry." I mumble.

I walk towards the printer, "is it not working?"

"No, Megan asked me to take a look at it."

Ugh when I get my hands on her she's gonna be sorry. She planned this. She wanted Hazel and I alone.

I kneel down and inspect the printer, "I need my papers for my meeting." I say frustrated.

Hazel gives me hand and I grab it getting back up. Her hand feels so soft. For a second I don't even want to let go but I do anyway.

We're both staring at each other. It seems like me staring scared her though because she backs away hitting the wall behind her. The urge to move towards her is strong. I just want to walk over there and press my body against her. I hold on to the printer for dear life so I can't move.

"You know I figured out why you get mad so quickly" She says.

"Mmm and why is that?" I give in to the urge and take a step forward.

"You don't like letting anyone have power over you."

I take another step forward and stand right in front of her. There's a gap between us that I leave so she doesn't feel trapped and can get out of this situation anytime she wants.

"And you Hazel Hamilton judge people right away because you don't want to let people in because that would mean that you might get hurt."

Her eyes widen and I look down to her lips before looking back up at her. I find myself getting lost in her chocolate brown eyes again. Why is she doing this to me? Why can't I stay away from her?

"You're wrong." She replies but her voices shakes a little.

Hazel puts her hands on my chest and gently pushes me so she can get away from being trapped by my body.