Chapter 27

We had yet to be at one of our houses alone since then, our families just never seemed to need to go anywhere. I guess it meant that we just were not meant to be with each other in that way yet. Sure we things would get heated in the car or at work a few times but nothing ever goes far.

Steve and I were hanging out at his house the week leading up to Valentine's day, I was working on some homework and he was 'helping' me. His help consisted of making sure I was eating and drinking through the day but he also massaged my shoulders if I was getting tense. I was rubbing my temples while my head was in Steve's lap. He was reading the paper I had just finished, I closed my eyes as I didn't want to see his reaction to it.

"Steve, could you come help me," his mom called from the other room.

"Coming," he replied.

I moved myself off of him so he could get up, I laid my head on the couch cushion and I heard him talking to his mom when he reached her.

"Are we going somewhere?" Steve asked.

"You aren't, but your father and I are for Valentine's day, we booked a little getaway for the weekend. There is money and a grocery list in the kitchen for you so you don't starve or spend all your meals at the King's house" his mom replied.

My family wouldn't have minded at all, my grandpa would love to have another male around more often. But this meant that Steve would have the house to himself, for a few days.

"I'll manage here alone, don't worry about me" he replied.

I sat up as I heard him walking towards the stairs and saw him carrying suitcases up. His mom came over to me smiling softly as she stopped and whispered to me.

"You'll cook for him won't you? I don't need him burning the house down."

"Of course Mrs. Harrington, I'll make sure the house is in good condition when you return" I replied.

She followed Steve upstairs and I began to gather my things up, I would need to be getting back home soon and now was a good time to get my stuff packed up since Steve was helping his mom. When I was done he had come back downstairs, he called out to his parents that he was taking me home and would be back later. We got into the car and buckled up, he didn't start the car yet though.

"Did she tell you to cook for me so I don't burn down the house?" he asked.

"Did she do that with all your girlfriends?" I replied.

"You're the first actually, but she has asked other moms to make sure the house is in one piece and to bring me a meal now and again. I have not once done anything to bring concern of possibly burning the house. So I don't understand why she does it."

"She wants to know you're well taken care of," I smiled lightly. "So, you have the whole house to yourself for the weekend. Coming up with any big plans?"

"Well there's this girl that I have been dating and I really want to take the next step with her but just haven't had a chance to be alone with her except in the car and well that's not a very romantic place to make love for the first time."

"No it's really not. The first time should be special and romantic."

"Should I go for it? Have her over for a nice dinner, some mood lighting then take her upstairs and blow her mind?"

I nodded my head, he was cute when he talked like this and clearly talking of me. I couldn't really contain the happiness that flew through me as we would finally have a chance at being alone again.

"Alright I'll do it, I gotta get you home first so that I can go ask her."

"Steven!" I hit his arm and glared.