Chapter 5: Professor Jang

It was the last lecture of the day and Jungkook was packing his stuff. Throughout the hours he was starting to feel a little better, he thanked the painkillers for that. But, he is still very hurt and sore. He was minding his business, ready to head to his dorm and walk out of the class when he heard someone mentioning his name outside. Curious, he stays back and eavesdrops to know what is being said.

"Wait, Jeon Jungkook was partnered with Bangtan? Really? Wow. What went through professor Jangs head when she decided to come up with the idea that Jungkook and the group would make a great team, let alone get along." A classmate of his was talking outside to her friend.

"I know. I mean no one in general would get along with Jungkook. No one does even now. Having him as a group member would be tough. So glad I wasn't chosen. However, no one dislikes him more than Bangtan, that is for sure. Yeah, I don't see how it would fit. " Her friend commented back.

"Jungkook will probably slow them down too. No one knows his grades in his courses, but it said they aren't the best and that he is only here through either a scholarship or through his dad, whoever that is. If I was them and Jungkook does nothing, I'd scratch him off or tell professor Jang. But oh well. I'm sure the boys will figure something out. Anyways, let us go. One more lecture." The first girl commented and Jungkook hears them leave. He walks out and frowns.

He shakes his head at the disbelief of how many rumors people can make about him. It is amazing to him how no matter where he goes, people will always judge him. He is used to it of course, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sting or get annoying. "While in high school I was judged for being way too smart or top scholar, here I am judged for not being a top scholar, when I am one. Who says I won't do anything? However, I do want to know what went through professor Jangs head when she was pairing us up. Everyone knows how much we dislike each other." He talks with himself. He stands there trying to think and decides to go

talk to his professor. Though the girls judged him and hurt him a little with their words, he does want to know what caused everything and he will. Or so he hopes.

Once he gets there, he gently knocks on her door. She seemed to have been grading some work or planning her lessons. She looks up to the sound and sees Jungkook standing in the door frame. "Jungkook-ssi! You are back. Something wrong? Are you in pain again or need pills?" She asks and he shakes his head.

"I am...somewhat better I guess. Everything still hurts and feels uncomfortable, but I am in less pain than what I felt beforehand. I am actually here to ask you a question that I wasn't able to do this morning." He shyly speaks.

"Of course! Come on in! Sit down, you will get more tired as you stand. Let me help you." She says, walking over as he closes the door. She helps him gently take off his bag and then helps him sit down. He thanks her as he feels a little ashamed and bad that he is allowing her to help him.

"There you go. Now what was your question or questions?" She asks as she leans a little on her desk.

"Right, well, they were actually about the project you assigned. You know I am not one to complain about you or the work. But I can't help but feel a little bothered that I was grouped with them. I am also just very curious. Why did you group me with the people who hate me the most? I mean I dislike them, yes but, they hate me. I don't think we will be able to get along enough to work well together. It will just turn out to be a bad project. Just yesterday, Taehyung and I had a fight. Part of the reason as to why my jaw looks so messed up." He looks up as he asks. He removes his mask, feeling a little uncomfortable wearing it.

She nodded, expecting that it was the reason he was here. She sighed and went back to go sit in her chair. She looks at Jungkooks face and can't help but still feel pain over how bad it looks with all those bruises and redness.