>20<

✦✧✦

"Are you even gonna be able to go to work tomorrow?" Changbin asked with a sigh as he looked to see that it was already past 2 in the morning. They had just finished writing and producing the song but Chan was making it would as though he wanted to record it and considering that neither of them was very confident in their singing, it was going to be a long process.

"I'm not going to work tomorrow," Chan explained, only confusing his best friend even more.

"What do you mean?"

"We are gonna go to Jisung's work, bring him lunch, and let him listen to the song."

"Are you sure it's a good idea for me to go with you."

"I know Jisung will at least be happy to see you. I cant really say the same about myself," Chan explained as he finished splitting up the parts that they were going to sing.

They didn't get home until around 6 am. They both passed out the moment they laid onto their beds.

Chan set an alarm to wake up at 11 the next morning so that they both had time to take showers and go pick up food before heading to Jisung's work.

"Hey Bin," Chan said as they were walking inside the doors.

"Hmm?"

"I know I haven't been talking to you that much but I think I owe you an apology too. I'm really sorry for ruining things with Jisung but I'm gonna do everything I possibly can to get him back."

"I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out," Changbin sighed, pressing the button to go to the floor which Jisung works on.

Chan had never been there before so he mindlessly followed Changbin who lightly knocked on the door which they heard laughter coming from on the other side.

"Come in," they heard Jisung say as Changbin opened it, immediately death gladding the pretty brunet who was sitting on the edge of Jisung's desk.

"We can go out for lunch tomorrow. Bye Jisung," Minho smiled, messing with his hair a bit before leaving, not giving any of the others a chance to say a word.

Jisung didn't see Chan at first but he pretty much immediately got up and ran to wrap his arms around Changbin.

"I missed you!" He said, freezing when he made eye contact with Chan. "Hi."

"Hey," Chan nervously smiled as Jisung looked down at the food he was holding.

"Umm the cafeteria is kinda closed right now because they are working on something but I guess we can eat outside."

They awkwardly followed Jisung downstairs and to a bench where Changbin sat in between them since Jisung was very obviously avoiding being next to Chan.

"Is work better now? You don't seem as stressed out," Changbin pointed out, desperately trying to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Yeah, that guy in my office is the new person who works in the same department as me and he's really sweet."

"Do you umm...like him?" Changbin asked and Jisung blankly stared at him for a few seconds, wondering if it were a serious question before answering.

"Romantically, no. Chan, why aren't you at work?" He asked, involving himself into the conversation since he obviously didn't seem to know how to do so himself.

"Oh- well we sorta stayed up pretty late working on a song."

"Stayed up till 6 in the morning," Changbin clarified.

"What? Why? Can I hear it?"

"We actually wrote it for you." Chan said with an awkward laugh, pulling out his phone to find the audio and handing it, and an AirPod to the boy who nervously looked at both of them.

"It's called Neverending Story," Chan explained.

Jisung was expecting a rap song since, as far as he knew, that was the only genre they did. But he was surprised to hear it begin with Chan singing.

He gasped quietly from suprise then carefully listened to the lyrics.

It most definitely meant a lot more to him then a stupid box of clothes. It actually felt like a real apology rather than one that was simply bought in hopes to impress him. Not to mention the fact that it was written by both of them, making Jisung's heart speed up even more at the thought.

This was all he really needed, or at least enough reassurance to begin taking things slow again.

He was worried that Chan had actually meant everything he had said, especially with his lack of motivation over the past month.

He thought Chan had given up but this made him have hope again. There was also new things to think about Chan saying rather than the same horrible ones being repeated in his mind every time he looked at him.

Of course there was no way to immediately fix the situation all at once, there were still some scars that were going to take a lot longer to heal than others but it was definitely a start.

One thing specifically that he couldn't get passed was the "I love you"'s in the song. It was one thing coming from Chan but the older made it a point to tell Jisung that they both wrote it.

Then again, he doubted Changbin helped with that specific part, although hearing him say it did make him smile without even realizing.

He wanted to cry and kiss both of them but he knew he couldn't simply let Chan back in so easily, no matter how much he wanted to.

He handed the phone and airpod back to Chan as the both of them anxiously stared, waiting for a reaction.

"I love it," Jisung smiled, laughing at how nervous the two looked, giving Changbin a quick side hug but he was too scared to get up and have any sort of interaction with Chan.

Chan however, stood up and kneeled down in front of him, gently grabbing one of his hands.

"I know I messed up really badly," Chan began, "but I don't want our story to end yet. Please give me another chance, just as a friend so that I can try to fix this."

"I don't really like how our story began though," Jisung stated, scaring both the boy in front of him and the one sitting next to him.

"Jisung-" Changbin was about to cut in but Jisung realized why they looked so scared.

"I didn't mean it like that- I just," he let out a small laugh, squeezing into Chan's hand and leaning his head into Changbin's shoulder. "I don't really like the story that we had. I think we may have skipped a few really important chapters," he glanced at Changbin.

"So...?" Chan tilted his head, somewhat confused.

"So let's start over, this story can be the Neverending one."

✦✧✦