viii

▬▬▬▬▬▬CINEMA

❝ do you think i'm cool too, or am i too into you ❞

▬▬AFTER THE FAIRLY LONG day that the three artsy friends had, they were going to have an even longer time figuring out how much money they had made today. Not only did Pierre and Cheryl sell every painting they had showcased, but they had received many donations. The three of them were standing at the reception desk where Cheryl was adding up all the checks while Lucy and Pierre basically did nothing.

Pierre had pushed up Cheryl's glasses when he noticed them falling which caused her to smile a little and mutter a small thank you. He mimicked her smile, uncontrollably. Cheryl's smile always lit up his day, but the feeling wasn't reciprocated.

"Hey, how'd your date go today?" Lucy asked, never having spoken to her about it. Cheryl's cheeks had immediately tinted pink and her smile grew. "Really well. He's sweet."

"Who is this guy?" Pierre asked, attempting to hide the jealousy in his tone.

"Well, he was in the gallery before and he was here today. You might have seen him. His name's Harry, he's tall, maybe like six feet. Brown hair, green eyes. He was wearing a purple knitted sweater-" As Cheryl was describing the boy that had caught her heart, her description had made Lucy come to a realization which caused her to interrupt her friend. "No fucking way."

"What?" Cheryl questioned, confused by Lucy's shock. Lucy looked down at her phone and took a few seconds before showing Cheryl a picture of the one and only Harry Styles. "Is this the guy you went out with?"

"Yeah, that's him. How do you have a picture of him though?" Cheryl queried as Lucy showed Pierre the picture. He let out a scoff, not believing it, but when he looked over at Cheryl's clear confused expression, he knew that she genuinely didn't know who Harry Styles was and she had gone on a date with an international rockstar and hadn't even noticed it.

"You cannot be this dumb? Cherry, which famous person has come into your gallery twice and who have you seen in your art gallery twice?" Lucy tried to get Cheryl to catch onto what the situation was and it took her a few seconds. Cheryl's expression slowly changed to one of realization and now everything was making much more sense. "That explains so much! He told me he writes songs for Harry Styles."

"Yeah, Harry Styles writes his band's music sometimes." Lucy pointed out, but there was still something that Cheryl hadn't quite understood. "Wait, why wouldn't he tell me that he's famous?"

"Maybe he's a liar." Pierre said, slightly serious, but neither of the girls had taken it as so. "Very funny, Pierre. Cherry, he probably just wanted to get to know someone who wasn't using him for his fame or something."

There was a part of Pierre that always assumed that there was some chance of being with the breathtaking darling that is Cheryl Mae. Even if she has only ever seen Pierre as a friend, his heart would always belong to her. But now that her eyes had caught those of Harry Styles the heartthrob himself, Pierre felt completely and utterly lost.

"I guess that's understandable." Cheryl pointed out with Lucy's argument from before. "But still, I don't really think fame's a big deal. It's just a really public profession."

"Wow, he is going to fall in love with you so quickly." Lucy joked. Cheryl only smiled more and shook her head. It was impossible to not fall in love with Cheryl. Everything she did was effortlessly graceful, everything she said was like a peaceful bird's song, everything she was was like the true beauty of cinema.

"Okay, we need to show you One Direction because the fact you don't know the celebrity you're literally going out with is just embarrassing." Lucy pointed out as Pierre had gone suspiciously quiet. Thankfully for him, the two girls hadn't really noticed.

"We're not going out. We had one date." Cheryl argued as Lucy started pulling up One Direction's music. The three had calmly listened to some of One Direction's music in silence. Both Pierre and Lucy had heard a lot of these songs before, but all of this was new territory to Cheryl. They had listened to I Want, Stole My Heart, C'mon C'mon, I Would, Diana, Does He Know and Temporary Fix until they landed on a song that hit a special part of Cheryl's mind. I Want To Write You A Song.

That song was the epitome of perfect to Cheryl. Every lyric was poetry, the melody was endearing. The voices of the four boys fit together perfectly, but there was one that really stood out to her. She hadn't even realized that the special voice was Harry's until Lucy pointed it out. It was clear that this song was unique to the girl especially since her demeanor immediately changed when the song switched to Girl Almighty. Every song that she heard, Cheryl thought was very well made, but I Want To Write You A Song had a special place in her heart. So special to the point where she could listen to it forever.

Even when Lucy and Cheryl had gotten back to their apartment, Cheryl had found it and played it over and over through her headphones. Not only was it the most angelic song she had heard in her lifetime, it gave her such inspiration. The fact that the stars were dancing in the sky didn't matter, the fact that Cheryl had a busy day tomorrow didn't matter. The brunette girl had stayed up all night painting a beautiful picture of feminine hands that she had gotten from her favourite verse of the entire song. The verse that made her feel something. The verse that hit her heart. The verse that sounded like pure poetry. The verse that Harry sang...

I want to write you a song...

One as beautiful as you are sweet...

With just a hint of pain for the feeling that I get when you are gone...

I want to write you a song...

⸺⸺◦✿◦⸺⸺