ix

▬▬▬▬▬▬FROM THE DINING TABLE

❝ even my phone misses your call ❞

▬▬THINGS SEEMED TO HAVE been going very well with Harry and Cheryl. They both had missed each other's presence a lot over the few hours they hadn't seen each other. The two of them had met up for breakfast before both of them had to work and since Harry had seen the public's speculation of who this mysterious girl he was on a date with yesterday, he suggested that they eat somewhere more private. Lucky for him, there was a small public area on the roof of Cheryl's art gallery, but since no one else uses the building, it was basically all Cheryl's.

The two of them were watching the spring weather rush past the water by the Brooklyn Bridge. It was truly a breathtaking sight. The two had already finished their breakfast and were just enjoying the comfortable silence between the two as they admired the scenery. Although, there was one person who would've been much more comfortable hearing her beautiful voice. "You know, I've always thought that comfortable silence was overrated."

"What would you like to talk about then?" Cheryl asked, moving her gaze to the more beautiful sight sitting next to her. Harry matched her gaze before letting out a small laugh and looking down at the coffee in his hands. "I don't know actually."

"Well, I actually had something I wanted to ask you." Harry looked back up at Cheryl with an open expression. She just about lost her train of thought when their eyes met. Just gazing into his beautiful green eyes made her heart beat faster. She just got so lost inside his eyes. "Were you ever going to tell me that you're famous?"

Even worse than having to beat around the bush about what he does, this was what Harry was truly afraid of. There was a small piece of Harry's mind that told him that Cheryl was just lying and truly did know who he was, but there was something about the way she looked at him. He didn't want to get cocky or anything, but Cheryl looked at Harry the same way Harry looked at Cheryl and that was with the upmost infatuation.

Harry didn't want his fame to affect whatever this could become. Cheryl was something good, something he didn't want to ruin, but it wouldn't be the first time the media ruined something good of his. Cheryl was already worth too much to him. Harry knew there could be a future here and he was hoping that for whatever reason, Cheryl could look past it and still like him for him.

"I know you're probably wondering, but I really didn't know who you were before my friends showed me who you are. I think they had a feeling that it was you I was talking to, but I only found out when they showed me a picture of, you know...The Harry Styles. Honestly, a part of me wishes I knew you before because I love your music. That one 'I Want To Write You A Song', it's just...It's everything. I mean, it gave me inspiration for a painting that I stayed up all night making, but it was so worth it. I listened to that song on repeat for hours, you are so talented! Why didn't you tell me?" Cheryl wondered.

"Honestly, I didn't want you to like the fame more than you liked me." Harry spoke honestly. It was clear that Harry was a little nervous since she had brought up this topic. Cheryl felt bad about making him anxious, but she didn't want to keep this from him. Harry deserved to know that Cheryl knew who he was.

"That is absolutely ridiculous." Harry's gaze had shot back up to Cheryl once she said that. "I don't care if you're famous. I liked you before I knew all that, that doesn't change."

This was by far one of the most relieving things Harry had heard in a while. Cheryl was starting to learn so much about him, not only his fame presence, but his true presence. Harry wanted this girl to know everything about him and he wanted to know everything about her. The fact that Cheryl was so open and understanding to everything he does was like a breath of fresh air. Although, Harry being himself, he wanted to tease the girl. "You like me?"

"Obviously." Cheryl replied with a small smile and a roll of her eyes. Harry returned the smile and turned slightly so he was facing the girl more in the bench the two shared.

"I like you." Harry reciprocated the feeling. Cheryl's smile only grew as Harry opened his arms and said, "I like you this much."

"I also like you this much." Cheryl matched his gesture with his arms. The two shared the small moment with such joy. These two have only known each other a short while, but just being in the same room as each other freed their souls. Maybe it was possible that love at first sight was true.

"You know, I think it's kinda cool that you're an artist too. How is your music going?" Cheryl asked before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Well, the band split up two years ago, so I've been working on my own music. I only started a few months ago though. I've got a bunch of songs done, but not a lot that I think are good enough for an album. I do have one though that I'm working on right now that might be the best song I've ever written." Harry explained. "I can play if for you when I finish."

"Pinky promise?" Cheryl asked with a smile as she held up her pinky. Harry let out a small laugh before interlocking pinkies. "So does that mean you want me to stick around for a bit?"

"Just a little longer than a bit." Harry teased, which earned a laugh from Cheryl. Harry could spend eternity with this girl, just staring into her eyes, hearing her voice. Anything.

Cheryl smiled and shook her head before looking back at the scenery. "You're sweet, Harry."

"And you're beautiful, Cheryl." The girl looked back at Harry. Something about the way his perfectly accented voice said her name was absolutely intoxicating.

⸺⸺◦✿◦⸺⸺