Chapter 1

Cath loved Halloween. Halloween meant candy, nerds dressed up in complex costumes, and a Simon Snow marathon on TV. Cath and Wren used to always go as Simon Snow characters in high school. Wren would usually go as Penelope and Cath would go as Baz or maybe Simon. Her favorite year was when she convinced Wren that they should go as Simon and the insidious Humdrum. They got a lot of laughs for that costume.

That was all before college though. Halloween changed a lot when Cath came to college, and she was not prepared for it. Costumes were no longer about dressing up as your favorite character or something silly and now it was about dressing as something sexy. All the costumes were things like "sexy" nurse, "sexy" nun, or "sexy" school witch (which was supposed to be a Penelope costume). Cath did not like putting her body on display with short skirts and low tops. She preferred her costumes from high school that were long pants and sweaters.

Wren, however, loved the change into sexy costumes. Last year Wren was a sexy lifeguard, sexy nurse, and sexy pineapple (which Cath still did not really understand). This year Wren had said she was thinking of going as sexy Penelope or "sexy school witch" and Cath had immediately told her not to ruin the character like that. Wren did not like that. Although Wren did not drink as much as she did last year (thank goodness), she still went out about every other weekend and Halloween weekend or halloweekend as she had called it was not a weekend she was going to miss.

Cath was to the point where she had decided that she might never dress up again on Halloween. The Simon Snow costumes would have to be saved for SnowCon, the Simon Snow conference that happened every year in June. Cath had not even considered that Levi would want to dress up together until he asked her at the beginning of October.

"what's wrong with a couples costume?" Levi had asked.

They were sitting in Levi's bed. Cath was trying to not touch him so she would not get distracted and would still be able to do her homework later.

"There is just no way I am dressing up as sexy Sandy from Grease or sexy Slave Leia or sexy Velma."

"Okay so no sexy movie characters?" Levi had mocked.

"It isn't just that." Cath sighed. "I used to love Halloween because I could dress up in whatever costume I wanted and not get judged. Now it's like I must be all slutty to even be considered dressed up."

"You don't have to dress in a slutty costume." Levi laughed. "Although I definitely wouldn't complain." He winked at her and gave her a big smile.

Cath shook her head and turned away.

"So, you aren't going to dress up at all?" Levi said disappointed.

"I was thinking of dressing up as Baz, but I don't know. I don't even know where I would go in my costume. No one goes to class in their costumes, and I don't really want to go to a party."

"That's perfect!" Levi threw his hands up into the air like he was at a surprise party.

"What's perfect?" Cath threw her hands up into the air too, mocking him.

"We can be Simon and Baz! Your favorite couple of all right? Well besides us of course, but we are talking strictly fictional here."

"You want to be a gay couple for Halloween?" Cath stared at him in disbelief. Levi did some weird things. Just liking her fanfiction in general was a bit weird to Cath, but this was a new level.

"Yes, it's the perfect costume!!!" Levi said with a huge smile on his face.

To be honest Cath did not really have any arguments against this idea. She would get to be what she wanted to be for Halloween and Levi would dress up as Simon Snow, something she really wanted to see. She would get to kiss him while he was wearing the Simon Snow costume, that would be awesome.

"So, Cather what do you say?" Levi said nudging her.

"Yes. Let's do it." Cath said firmly. "But I get to be Baz."

"Obviously, I am totally more of a Simon than you are." Levi said coolly. "Now c'mere."

Cath fell into his arms; her homework could wait until tomorrow.