Chapter 2

Cath stood and turned side to side in front of her mirror. She looked forward and flashed her fake fangs. She was so happy that Gemma T. Leslie finally confirmed that Baz is a vampire so now Cath got to wear fake fangs for her costume. She was wearing black slacks, a white button up that she sprinkled a few drops of red food dye on to look like blood, a Watford tie, a Watford cape, and of course she had Baz's wand. Capes were optional at Watford and the majority of the time Baz did not wear one but she wanted to make sure people could tell she was Baz and not just a generic vampire, so she decided to take creative liberties.

Cath was super happy with her costume but now that halloweekend was here she was not sure she really wanted to wear it. Wearing the costume meant going to a party and Cath did not know if she could do that. Cath just kept repeating to herself repeatedly that she was just going to Levi's house, that's all. Yes, it was a lie, but she needed to get through the door. Levi was supposed to be here any minute to pick her up and she didn't want to disappoint him.

Someone knocked on the door, well more like drummed on the door. Cath opened the door to find Levi standing there in his Simon costume, practically bouncing he could not contain his excitement. This is why Cath was braving the party.

"Do you like my costume?" Levi said and made an exaggerated pose. "I am Simon after a battle!"

"I love it." Cath said and Levi pulled her in for a hug.

Cath did love Levi's costume. It was the cutest Simon Snow costume she had ever seen in her life. He was wearing stained jeans, a ripped white button shirt, and a tie that had the Watford School symbol badly drawn on it with colored Sharpie. Cath knew that the reason Levi was Simon after a battle and not just regular Simon was probably because all his jeans were stained, and he might have already had a rip in his button up. She loved it though.

"Okay are you ready to go?" Levi asked.

Cath's stomach dropped. For a minute she forgot about the party. She was so happy seeing Levi in his Simon costume. Cath wished she could just pull Levi inside her room and lock him in here with her until Halloween was over. Force him to experience Halloween the way Cath liked it, by watching Simon Snow and eating candy. She couldn't do that though. Levi did so much to make Cath feel comfortable and was so patient with her. She wanted to do this for him, she wouldn't take this from him.

Levi leaned into her. "It's okay if your nervous Cather. I know parties aren't your thing."

His voice was calmer than it had been a moment ago, soothing now.

"We don't have to stay for long. That's the great thing about living at the house. If we decide we want to leave, we can just walk upstairs and be done for the night." He assured her.

Cath liked how he said "we" instead of "you", it made her feel like she wasn't a problem to him. It made her feel like they were in this together.

"Okay I am ready." Cath said ignoring the ball of anxiety in her stomach and grabbing her bag from her desk chair.

Cath didn't really need to bring a bag when she spent the night at Levi's. They had been together long enough that a lot of Cath's things had ended up at Levi's place. Cath now had PJs, a toothbrush, hairbrush, hair ties, a change of clothes, and even an extra laptop cord at Levi's. She mostly brought an overnight bag because she felt weird not bringing it. It felt weird accepting that Levi had decided to keep her around long enough that all her items ended up staying with him.

Cath and Levi made their way out of Pound Hall and towards Levi's red truck. Levi always offered to help Cath up into the old truck, but she always told him no. She wondered if he would ever stop offering, probably not, it was Levi after all. Cath heaved herself up into the truck, practically needing to climb on all fours to get to the seat. When she finally got to the seat she looked up and realized that Levi was watching her. If Levi's biggest smile was 100 Watts, this smile was easily 1000 Watts.

"Cather, that was the best thing I have ever seen." He said, his 1000-Watt smile sticking.

"Yeah, yeah, I can't get into the truck easily, its funny." Cath said trying to brush him off.

"No, I've seen you struggle to get into the truck before, that is why I always offer to help you, and why you should accept my help," he continued, "But ive never seen anyone dressed as Baz struggle like that to get in a truck. It was truly amazing."

Levi started the truck and began driving them towards his house.

"Well, I'm glad I could make your night for you." Cath said rolling her eyes.

"Oh, not just my night, easily the week, maybe even the month." Levi paused and focused on something.

"What is it?" Cath said trying to get a look from his point of view. Was there something in the road? There were probably a lot of drunk drivers out right now because of Halloween.

"Oh nothing. I'm just trying to decide if the llamas I saw two weeks ago, or you are getting into the truck dressed as Baz are cuter." He said seriously and then let out a huge laugh.

"Oh my god." Cath threw her hands up in the air in resignation. Then on second thought Cath said, "I can't believe I am competing with llamas. I am your girlfriend"

"You're right sweetheart, you are totally cuter than llamas, even when you are dressed as a man."

Cath gave him a fake fang filled smile.