Part 13

IMPORTANT!
Hello everyone! I'm very glad that you've read up to this chapter. I know their a bit long.

I realised you guys don't comment on any of the chapters and I'd really appreciate it if you could comment because it helps me reflect on my writing and encourages me. Nothing rude please but constructive criticism is of course allowed.

Thanks so much and I won't keep you any longer, here's the chapter.

We left the library to the police station, I wasn't sure what for. I was keen to get back home and rest but Howard had other ideas. I hadn't had a chance to mention my findings yet to Howard.

'A couple years ago, before you came, we had a man called Anthony Newton come to us. He was our client who had hired us to find out who murdered his friend, John Fiennes. The murderer was a man called Hansen Anderson. The curious thing about this is Hansen Anderson is this.' Howard opened his notebook to a page with notes scribbled all over. Wedged between two pages was a piece of paper folded into quarters. Howard took it out and unfolded it to reveal a monochromatic photograph of a group of familiar people. 'You're not allowed to take anything from the library.' I said.
'What they don't know won't hurt them.'

The photo was taken in some sort of park in the day time but the faded photo wasn't very easy to see. In the back of the photo was a man dressed in a tweed coat (who Howard said was Anthony Newton) with his hand around the waist of a woman with long brown hair that flowed like waves in the sea. The photo was so long ago it took me a while to realise the woman standing with him was Hilda Martin. Both of them wore a pleasant smile.

Beside them was another woman with black hair styled in a braid and a couple, the woman with a stylish feather boa draped across her shoulders and the man wore a terrifyingly tall top hat. The black haired woman resembled so much the deceased Miss Banks that it had to be her but younger. To the right were three men and one woman I didn't recognise but they too were in fancy dress. And finally there was a young man with tousled dark hair standing behind Hilda I concluded to be Edward. I decided this must have been before they were married. In someway this photo was a web that connected the murders together but it was too faint to see it clearly. Howard on the other hand, saw it like candlelight in the night.

'Hansen Anderson, Anthony Newton, Edward Martin and Hilda Martin all new Beatrice Banks and Elizabeth's parents. You see that couple in the middle? They are Amelia and Charlie Dougherty, Elizabeth's parents. And that man on the left is Anderson. The man with the curly hair beside him is John Fiennes who Anderson would soon kill. This man,' he pointed to the one beside Hansen Anderson, 'is Micheal Dumont.'
'How is he important?'
'He is the father of Miss Bank's son.' Out of all the information Howard had poured onto my lap, this was by far the most shocking.
'Well, I think it is. They were canoodling back stage while everyone else was rehearsing their lines. It was in the newspapers.'
'When you say rehearsing lines, do you mean they were a theatre troupe?'