Age Regression || 14

⚠️ WARNINGS ⚠️

• mentions :- age regression, anxeity, baby talk (a little), adhd.

age regression is a way of coping stress and anxeity among many people in the world. it's not always a role-play/kink/foreplay/nsfw. many people age regress because of past trauma (emotional or physical), excessive stress, mental health conditions such as high functioning anxeity, autism spectrum disorder (asd) or attention deficiet hyperactivity disorder (adhd). there's no specific age for a person to start regressing (voluntarily or involuntarily). it can be anyone even a child of ten years old (or younger) or a grown adult.

also. jimin as a psychologist.

___

aera jumps slightly, a gasp slipping past her tinted lips as a pair of footsteps make it inside the room. she turns around quickly, clutching on her pikachu plush, staring at her brother with her dark, round eyes.

jungkook smiles at her briefly, scanning around the room and walks over to the table, taking his phone which he probably left behind when he came to check on aera. she stares up at him from her place on the carpet, sitting with her legs crossed and all her books scattered around her as she was earlier trying to get done with her homework.

although instead of the math she was supposed to do, aera sighs staring at her drawing book, seeing yet another incomplete drawing which makes her groan in annoyance, unhappy with herself that she can never complete a single task and just switches through tasks while not concentrating on any of them. tears blur her eyes and lips roll out a soft whine, pushing the books away and sits leaning against the frame of the bed.

jungkook hears the low sniffs and turns on his track, frowning at the sight of aera crying. he approaches her with a confused look and crouches in front of her, stroking her head, "hey, what's wrong, princess?" he asks and aera looks at him, breaking into a cranky sob, only to be hugged by jungkook.

jungkook couldn't understand the cause of this meltdown but it concerned him for sure. he had been noticing aera's different behaviour too evident the past few days, as though she was having difficulty even getting the easiest tasks done, or maybe she just simply didn't want to do anything? he'd like to believe that. she had been acting distant, cranky, and been less talkative than before. and when jungkook tried to talk to her about anything that's bothering her, she would just shake her head slightly, confused with herself as if she didn't know what was going on either.

all of it was getting just more bothering for jungkook each day as even jimin wasn't here to help him out and know what's happening. jungkook although called the elder and informed him with details how aera has been acting up in the past few days, zoning out quite often, jumping at any slight movements or noises and being like she was always scared and worried about something.

the elder assured him that he shouldn't be too worried and just try talking to her calmly. but jungkook just couldn't wrap his head around anything and demanded the elder to just return home as soon as possible for he didn't want aera to get hurt by any silly mistake. so jimin had to leave the conference and return back to korea for the emergency that jungkook couldn't seem to handle.

and it was about time for jimin to land, but jungkook having aera crying in his arms made it hard for him to leave and pick the elder up from the airport. he shifts to his side a little, pulling away from aera and cups her face, "why are you crying, ri? are you hurting anywhere? tell me,"

"koo, i'm tired... i no' wanna do this— this homework," she weeps and jungkook sighs softly, wiping her tears.

"alright, it's fine. we'll do it later, okay? don't worry," he smiles assuringly, kissing her cheeks and leans closer to bump his forehead against hers, "do you wanna go out? jiminie's coming back. i was going to take him from the airport,"