Chapter 30 | Spill |

“Peeta!” I said, nervously. “Peeta, please don’t-”

    “You haven’t told Finnick either?” He said, and I held my breath.

    “No…not yet.”

    “Why not?”

    “He’d want me to go back. I don’t want to go back. I…I don’t want to leave him.” I said, beggingly, and he tensed.

    Peeta's eyes landed on my belly, obviously thinking about the baby. “You know you’re risking not only your life, but your baby’s life as well. If you die, you’re killing your own kid before they even have a chance to live.” He said, and I blinked away my tears. “Without their father even knowing about them.”

    “I know!” I exclaimed, and I sank to my knees, crying. “I just don’t want Finnick to…to die and I have to raise my baby on my own, and…and I don’t want to lose Finnick and never know about it until weeks later!”

    “Just tell him! Make him swear that you can’t leave no matter what, even if it puts your baby’s life on the line.” He said, and I sniffed.

    “I just…I just have to make sure Finnick doesn’t die. I can’t lose him.” I trembled, and he nodded vaguely.

    “Whatever,” He wondered back, muttering to himself.

    “If you don’t tell Finnick just yet, you should at least tell Percy. Or Annabeth. Or even Frank! I just…it’s just…weird.” Nico said, stiffly.

    “What’s so weird?” I teased.

    “It’s weird knowing someone fucked you.” He said, and I went red and shoved him to the ground.

    “Nico! Leaving the cursing to the grown ups!” I tutted, and he rolled his eyes.

    “I’m much, much older than you.”

    “Yeah, but it’s weird hearing you curse. Deep down, I know there is a little geeky ten year old boy who is dying to play Mythomagic with Will!” I said, and he turned red.

    “Okay, okay, I won’t curse! But you…”

    “What about me, bitch?” I said, and he hit my shoulder.

    “You were twelve when I met you! Twelve! I was thirteen!”

    “Fuck off, honey. Or you’ll have a slit in your throat.” I said sinisterly, and he gave me a ‘are you serious look’. Of course, he did. He’s Nico. He likes sending people to hell. However, when my hand tightened on the handle of my knife that I always carried with me, he dropped it, understanding I didn’t want to talk about it right now.

    “How long are we gonna keep walking?” Nico asked.

    “Until we step on a bomb and blow up into a billion pieces.” I said, and he nodded.

    “Sounds about right,”

    We walked on for a while talking about random stuff. “So if a squid squirts you with ink, you wouldn’t punch it?” He asked.

    “Wouldn’t even give it a second glance,”

    “But if it squirted Finnick with ink, you’d kill it.”

    “Pretty much.”

    “You love that weirdo!”

    I gave him a look, “And you’re normal? Also, that weirdo is my husband! Of course, I love him!”

    Nico and I walked back, and I immediately went next to Finnick. “Hello, sunshine!” I said, kissing his cheek.

    “Hello, sea,” He hummed, hugging me.

    The dinner whistle sounded, and I shot to my feet. “Great, I’m starving!” He laughed, and I pulled him to his feet. I smiled up at him and pressed a kiss to his lips, resting my hands on his arms.

    “What was that for?” He asked, dazedly, smiling at me.

    “You were just pulling me in,” I whispered, resting my arms around his neck.

    “Really?”

    I leaned in again, my lips brushing his. “You always pull me in,” I said, leaning on him.

    “Why don't we get Aria and Finnick’s food so Aria can tell Finnick something?” Peeta said, and I sent him a look while Finn looked at me warily.

    They left and Finn moved closer to me. “What’s going on? I feel like you've been talking to Nico more, not that that’s a bad thing, but when they leave, it’s really just because they want you to tell me something, so what do you need to say?” He said, grabbing my shoulders.

    “Finnick…” A few tears slipped from my eyes.

    “Aria, what is it? You’re scaring me, I want to know what’s hurting you.”

    “Finnick,” I looked him in the eyes. “Please, don’t make me leave.”

    “What? Why would I-?!”

    “I’m pregnant.”

~~~A/N~~~

Rough week, everyone. Bye bye.

Eat some cheerios,
Hush