𝐈𝐈𝐈. irish for the win

─── chapter three.
❛ IRISH FOR THE WIN

EVEN THROUGH THE ROARING OF THE SEEMINGLY ENDLESS CROWD, the ringing in her ears, and the almost deaf cheers emanating from her own mouth, nova did not dare look at cedric diggory

he was only a few seats away, yet he seemed to be burning a hole into nova's mind (the redhead greatly wished he would just get out! and stop invading her head when he'd already spent all day invading her privacy). nova hadn't been able to form a proper conversation with the boy (every time she tried, the image of him gently placing her on the ground made her want to throw up) since her pride had taken a fatal hit.

so instead, nova did what she always does when she wants to avoid something — she pretends it doesn't exist! the tree incident? what is that? so far, this tactic had been working splendid. cedric didn't bring it up, nova could pretend like no funny flippy-shit had happened to her heart, and everything was well.

not! nova could hardly contain her wish to just be back home, laying in bed with aaron, her giant stuffed armadillo plush (what, don't judge her!) instead of this scream-fest match which was clear to result in a win for the irish.

speaking of the quidditch match, nova found the stadium less daunting as men all around her began throwing themselves over stands, trying to reach the incredibly beautiful creatures floating into the field. their enchanting siren song luring boys and men of every size. nova caught sight of someone flexing their muscles (nonexistent, may she add) in the beauties' direction.

she even cracked a grin at the sight of cedric messing up his hair till it looked as soft as clouds and flash his most blinding smile in hopes of even a glance from the almost translucent women.

"veela!" claire screamed into nova's ear, her younger sister's nails digging through the thickness of her jacket as the hufflepuff watched in awe. "they're beautiful!"

and on claire went to list the powers of seduction (among other things) of veela, chattering off nova's ear when she was much more interested in watching the weasley twins make fools of themselves (they were a bit farther up, seated next to the malfoys, one of the foulest families in wizard-kind). that was claire for you — she'd always wanted to become a magizoologist when she got older.

elliot and clementine were both amused, swinging their interlaced hands as they laughed at the stupid declarations of a love that had bloomed a few minutes prior between thousands of men and some 20 veela. nova had no idea how her father wasn't under the spell, but she assumed that having a beautiful wife helped (a lot, actually, judging by his sole focus on her).

soon enough, the whole spectacle was over and nova watched with awe as giant galleons began to rain down, pelting the stadium in a shower of golden-like rain. above them were green comet like objects zooming in every direction, carrying small men in green.