꧁Chapter Twenty~Seven꧂

" What does this mean for me,for US ? "
His question was clearly directed more towards me than Steven but Steven still answers.
" Peter, If she chooses one of the other Peter's their will no longer be an 'Us' "
Peter seems a bit pensive before responding
" I need to go get some air. " and just like that he walks out the room leaving me and Steven alone.
I stand up, off the bed trying to go after him but my attempt is put to a quick end by Steven blocking the door.
" He needs time and we still need to finish our talk from earlier. "
I nod my head in agreement about Peter but try once more to leave not quite ready to talk about my earlier eavesdropping.
" Steven I swear I didn't hear any part of yours and Wanda's conversation so please,stop."
" Ms. Y/L/N I know you didn't hear anything, what I want to talk to you about is something else." He says as he moves out of my way and walks back towards the bed.
As he does so I eye the door considering an escape but soon realize that he'd still chase after me to have the conversation he seemed so desperate to have. I walk my way over to the bed before sitting next to him.
" If your not going to scold me then is there something you do want to talk about ?" I ask as I shift a bit uncomfortable from how he just blankly stares at me. On a normal day Peter and would of cracked a few jokes about how emotionless he looked but due to the previous conversation we had Peter was off doing god knows what.
" There is actually,"as he replies he takes his gaze from me and turns it to the big wooden door.
" When you went into the room did you see anything that seemed to glow,per say?" 
My immediate reaction was to say no but when I thought about I had seen something,I wasn't sure what it was or what it did but I had seen it.
" I did,why do you ask?" He seems to completely disregard my question as he moves onto the next question.
"Did Wanda also see it?"
I take a bit of time think about whether or not to tell him the truth. There was no real reason not to do so but with how insistent he was about this conversation and getting the answers he wanted made it seem like Wanda was in trouble. Before I could continue debating on who I owed my loyalty to I felt him place his hand onto my shoulder.
Just like that my mind had been made up.
"Yea, she was there when I found whatever it was."
Hearing my response seemed to cause mixed emotions within Steven, for one he looked happy that I had told him the truth but then he seemed to be upset about it as well.
"Thank you, for telling me the truth Y/N and sorry if how I approached made you worry, " there was a slight pause as if to let me accept his apology, so I do "It's fine really." and just like that he removes his hand from my shoulder and tells me that I'm fine to go find my group of Peters.
Once I make it back to the meeting room, I start to look for my Peter but I'm only able to find Peter(2) leaning against a pillar while reading a book.
"Hey" I greet him as I take to leaning by his side.
"Watcha reading ?"
He turns to look at me in a bit of surprise before closing the book and handing it to me. As I look down at the cover I can see that he's reading (F/B).I give a small smile as I hand the book back to him. "Thats a really good book."
" Yea ,are you alright though?, you seem kind of upset."
As I turn to look at him I can see the genuine concern he has for me.
" Follow me. " and just like that I'm making my way out the room with Peter(2) following close behind. When I get to an open window I go to sit on the balcony while Peter simply leans against the balcony while facing me.
" So what happened ? " he asks.
I let out a small sigh wondering if my Peter would be mad if he knew I was spending time alone with another one of the Peters but nonetheless that didn't matter, I needed someone to talk to and Peter(2) was the better listener when it came to the magic three.
" I'm worried about Peter. " Pete nods his head before asking his follow up question.
" And why is that ? "
I give him a short recap of what had happened when we were with Dr.Strange.
" Then, I feel like shit because I care for him but at the same time I want to be able to make decisions that don't involve him or how he feels about my choice. You Know ? " I ask him while searching his eyes for an answer I don't receive.
" Has he ever stopped you from hanging out with other people, guy's ? "
I look down onto the floor trying to remember a time where Peter and I hadn't been together or been with the same people. That is when it hit me, it had never happened. It wasn't necessarily that the opportunity never came up but rather the fact that Peter always had an excuse as to why I shouldn't go. His excuses ranged from telling me that the guy only wanted to use me or  saying Mr.Stark needed us.
" No, not really. " I say as I feel the horrible mix of feelings start to rise to my throat.
" Y/N, I think Peter likes you." I turn my body to face him and trying my best to deny his words I turn it into a joke.
" Of course he likes me other wise we wouldn't be best friends "
Peter looks up at me ready to correct me but one look at the goofy smile plastered on my face and the tears threatening to fall stop him.
" I think you should go back inside." I suggest as I turn my body to face the outside of the balcony. As I hear light foot steps and don't see him at my side I let the tidal wave of emotions take over me. While the tears roll off of my face I begin to wrap my arms around myself wanting to feel some sort of comfort. My arms are quickly replaced by a strong pair of arms that turn me around and let me cry into their chest.

(A/N ~ sorry for the really spread out updates.I'll try to stay more constituent)