6

Michael's POV

"Samuel I want you to prepare the rooms for Noah and Mason's arrival. I'll have to leave in a few hours so make sure to gather the pack for a brief meeting to inform them as well." Sam nods in understanding and excuses himself out of my office.

I let out an exasperated sigh, I can't believe after two years I finally get to see my two boys again. Even if we're not on the best of terms right now It is clear to anyone and everyone that I'm excited to see them again. I am well aware that neither of them are pleased to have postponed their mate search, besides I of all people should understand the importance of a mate search. Especially considering I searched approximately eight long years, crossing many states to find my beautiful mate. But with the situation as crucial as it is, it was obvious that Noah and Mason should be here to help their pack.

I just hope they won't freak out once they find out a newcomer has made sanctuary in our home. The bonding ritual was already performed and he is now a forever member of our pack. It's gonna be quite difficult to adjust Noah and Mason to the new member, because neither of the two like new people especially on their territory, but I couldn't just leave the shivering boy out in the woods alone. What kind of alpha would I be if I practically let a child die in the middle of nowhere and alone none the less? Exactly, no respected alpha would leave a child to die; rogue or not. As a matter of fact I should probably pay a visit to the little omega. He always stresses out when I leave, we've grown a rare bond of our own and I'm sure he won't be too happy to meet new people as well.

He doesn't like strangers but over the months that I have taken him in, he has finally come around to me. Timidly speaking every so often, he's very affectionate and needs a lot of attention and as of right now I'm trying to get him used to the rest of the pack. Slowly but surely he has come to befriend a very select few of his fellow pack members and let's just say the pack is extremely protective over the small helpless omega. As for myself my fatherly instincts immediately kicked in after seeing his frail and scared expression, I instantly fell in love with the solemn creature.

Though we may share a tight bond between us he is still skeptical about telling me about his past. He refuses to tell me his real name, and what pack he came from always stating that it hadn't mattered because he was here now. He even refused to give me a name, so I took it upon myself to come up with one until he was ready, and when I first met the boy it was in his wolf form which had fur as white as freshly fallen snow, and his personality was just as pure so I gave him a name that couldn't have been any more perfect, and so his name is Angel.

.....................................................

Noah's POV

"What the fuck!" I exclaim irritably while pacing back and forth on the side of the road, my jeans have multiple holes from the incessant picking but I don't even care, to agitated to give a shit about my unruly appearance.

"Calm down Noah, I'm sure dad is just running a bit late, It's not that big of a deal." Mason states in attempts to calm me down but ultimately fails miserably. "See! This is why you can't trust a damn thing that comes out of that liars mouth! He told us he'd be here but do you see him anywhere? Because I sure as hell don't!" I yell dramatically while throwing my suitcase onto the abandoned sidewalk. I confess, I am a bit of a drama queen sometimes.

"Maybe something happened, I'm sure he has a good reason for being late," his eyes shift away from mine uncomfortably as if he didn't even believe himself.

"Yeah right, I bet the bastard did it on purpose just to spite me." I spit out bitterly, because that sounds exactly like something he would do.

"You're throwing a temper tantrum for no reason, it's not cute." Farris scolds hotly, only fueling my anger more. "Shut it wolf" I say out loud with an eye roll.

"You might as well let Farris out if you're going to keep acting like a dick." My brother retorts without even looking at me.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" I whispered in hopes that it was low enough he wouldn't hear, but being a wolf and all of course he did. Lucky me.

"As a matter of fact, I'd much rather talk to Farris instead of listening to your constant bit-"

Before Mason could finish his offensive sentence he was interrupted with an all too familiar voice, coming from in front of us. Guess I was so busy bitterly bitching about the man I hadn't even noticed when he showed up right in front of us.

"I'm sorry i'm late!" The obviously not sorry man exclaimed loudly all the while faking a guilty expression on his aging face. "I had to have a meeting to prepare the pack for your arrival." I snorted at his excuse, of course it had something to do with the pack. I huffed picking up my suitcase, walking past them without a word.

"Hi dad, It's good to see you." I rolled my eyes as I watched Mason pull Michael in for a long inviting hug, my heart ached but only for a second before stepping into the car and waiting for the reunion to be over. I sat in the back so I wouldn't have to feel obligated to hold a conversation that I knew would be pointless, and that way Mason would sit in the front and it would be less awkward for the both of us. I knew I was acting like a child but my heart wouldn't allow itself to open not even a crack, so I put my headphones in to drown out the voices of the two people I used to love most in this world.

The drive was long and unbearable, the streets became more and more familiar and the closer we got the quicker my heart would race. I could smell the past and it burned my nose making me want to vomit, I hated this place called home, because it was no longer my home it was a place I lost a piece of myself that I would never be able to reclaim. I felt emptiness in this place, and all of a sudden I was a fourteen year old boy ready to run away with nothing but the fur on my back, I physically grimaced at the memories.

"Are you alright?" Mason's deep voice broke through our mind link, one I had shut off for a long time.

"Yes... now get out of my head." I wanted to vomit at the sudden intrusive voice, but knew it would be a gateway for more probing questions and that was the last thing I wanted. All I wanted was for it all to go away, it was becoming unbearable and I didn't know how much longer I could control it.