12

(PRESENT)

(Mason's POV)

Time had ceased to exist the moment I laid eyes on the beautiful creature who hid terrified behind a very protective omega. It was honestly alarming how faint my heartbeat had grown as if at any moment it would stop beating.

Alexander's resolve was of course calm but I could feel his rising excitement just as well as my own. Two years was well worth the wait to finally be within the presence of a mate as worthy as this one. No I could not see him completely for his small frame hid perfectly behind the omega who stood just as tall as my mate.

I wanted to peel him away and squeeze the life out of him, and above all the mixtures of emotions I was feeling, completeness overruled all else. My journey through other pack territories was complete, my separation from Noah was complete, and my loneliness was now replaced with a perfect mate leaving me feeling one hundred percent... complete...
Yet a feeling I had never experienced suddenly washed over me making my body tingle with bitterness.

I could see Noahs veins bulge from the corner of my eye, and for the first time ever I felt a disgusting possessiveness wash over me. It was nasty and made Alexander growl in alertness, because he too could feel the strong urge to tear the very flesh from my brothers bones.

My stomach turned in disgust but the feeling only persisted, though when my elongated nails reached unwillingly for that same very flesh, my conscious self was brought back with the sound of my small mates cry.

I shook my head terrified of the sudden lack of control, but worried only now for the beautiful creature who lays wilted in my brothers arms.

I was worried for my mates safety as Noah storms off into the direction of the pack house, but most of all I worried this new feeling would begin to grow as I could still feel it festering deep within me. I have two mates, I always knew Noah was my mate ever since we were small children, the moon goddess works in very mysterious ways and I've always been taught to trust her judgment, but today I'm not so sure if her judgement had been made in false haste.

Farris's sudden change made Alexander even more uneasy as he was already feeling a bit territorial, but this is a situation neither of us had ever been in so it was understandable to feel a certain protectiveness for our newfound mate, or at least I had hoped so.

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure what came over me. Farris is refusing to talk to me so I'm a little unsure about the sudden mood swing." For the first time ever I disregarded Noah and continued to give a hateful glare to our father.

"It's alright son, but it's a bit concerning that he was able to take control like that. I'd like you to visit with the pack doctor once we're finished here." His brows furrowed in concern watching as Noah swayed almost as if he wasn't quite all there yet, but even so his hold on our mate never faltered.

We were all sat in my fathers office, as if this was some official meeting we had to set an appointment for, and to be honest I was becoming quite impatient about the whole situation.

"Cut to the chase dad, tell us what's going on." He gave me a surprised look and honestly it was warranted because I was never one to be snippy with him; that was always Noah's department of expertise, but all he did was sigh and rub his hands over his eyes.