Chapter 4: Monday Morning at Vander's

If it's one thing you hated more than Mondays, it's waking up on a Monday with a hangover.

Y/N: Ow. My head.

You rubbed your temples as your head throbbed in pain.

???: Easy there, son.

You looked up to see Vander walking over to you with two glasses of water in his hands. 

Y/N: Vander?

He flashed you a warm smile as he stopped in front of you.

Vander: You had quite the time of your life last night if I do say so myself.

You then noticed that you weren't in your apartment but Vander's. You were in his living room, laying on the couch with Jinx, who was currently hugging you as she slept, with a blanket draped over both of you.

Vander: Here, drink this. It should help you with that hangover of yours.

He held out one of the glasses for you to take, which made you realize how thirsty you were. You carefully sat up before graciously taking the glass from his hands.

Y/N: Thanks, Vander.

Vander nodded as you began to take small sips from the glass. After you had drunk the entire glass, you set it down on the coffee table before sighing with relief.

Vander: Feeling any better?

Y/N: A little bit. Thank you, Vander.

Vander nodded before you carefully removed yourself from Jinx's grasp and slid off the couch. You then caught yourself before you landed on the floor by holding onto the coffee table and sofa before planting your feet on the ground and standing up.

Vander: Claggor's just finished using the bathroom. Go freshen yourself up, son. Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes.

You nodded before you slowly made your way to the bathroom. After closing the door and locking it, you turned on the lights. It took your eyes a few seconds to adjust to the light, but once they did, you took a moment to look at yourself in the mirror. Your hair was a mess, your eyes were bloodshot, and your skin was oily.

Y/N: Damn, I look like shit. At least I didn't have a nightmare last night.

Turning on the faucet, you put your hands under the tap before splashing your face with some water. As soon as the cold water made contact with your skin, the resulting shock instantly woke you up from your sluggish state. You let the water run down your face as you washed your hands before shutting off the tap and opening your eyes. You then looked up at the mirror, but the minute you looked at your reflection, you froze. 

Y/N: What the -?

Looking right at you was a younger version of yourself. He was wearing the black military uniform and tactical gear you used to wear during your time in the military. However, his uniform was riddled with holes and badly burned, and he was soaked from head to toe in blood. Lots and lots of blood. And his eyes. They had this disturbing look to them and were filled with an unfathomable amount of rage as they glared back at you intensely with this immense aura that elicited a deep primal fear within you.

Y/N: Am... am I going crazy?

You shook your head, hoping that you were just imagining things. However, right as you opened your eyes, you suddenly heard a voice.

???: You shouldn't have survived that day.

You felt your blood run cold as the voice rang through your ears. You recognized that voice. It was her voice; the calm, melodic voice that you've grown to love over the last four years. It's been so long since you've heard it, but hearing that thing use her voice to torture you? It made you feel uneasy and furious at the same time.