4

White Hair

The four years old is coloring his drawing with crayons in the living room. The only noise that could be heard in the house is the sound of crayons gliding on top of a paper and the sound of a cartoon show on the tv. His name is Xiaotian. He is currently four years old. He loves drawing and watching cartoons. Right now, he is coloring a drawing of his family. He has a small family. He has two uncles, Mayor and Macaque. He is pretty sure that Mayor is not his uncle's real name but Macaque calls him Mayor. So Xiaotian also called the older man, Mayor. 

Mayor loves to tell him frequently that he used to call Macaque "Ma Ma.”, when he was one year old. Because it's too difficult for him to say Macaque, he ended up calling his uncle “Ma Ma”. But for some reason, Mayor only brings that memory up when he is angry with his other uncle, Macaque. And when he brings that nickname up. His other uncle, Macaque will tell him that he used to call Mayor, “Mayo”.

The little boy thinks that the nicknames are unique and adorable. So he doesn’t understand why both of his uncles call each other with a cute nickname he gave them when they are angry. ‘Is this how adults fight?’ Xiaotian thought to himself. 

There's one thing that he has in common with his two uncles. That is the three of them have black hair. So he loves his hair soo much. He also loves his uncles. They take turns to take care of him. At day time Macaque will make sure he has his favorite snack and toy. At night time Mayor will make sure he eats dinner, brush his teeth, and read him a bedtime story. 

After he finished his drawing, the toddler take it to show it to his uncle. The four year old quickly run to Macaque’s room. “Macaque, look!! I draw the three of us together!!” The toddler shouted, raising his paper higher in pride. Macaque quickly glances at the door, and quickly stands up from his bed. Fear plastered on the demon’s face.

Seeing the older demon's reaction, Xiaotian slowly lowered his paper and frowned. “Is it… that bad?” The little boy whispered. He doesn’t understand his uncle's strange reaction to his drawing. The little boy's confidence decreased, fearing that his drawing is soo ugly that his uncle is upset by just seeing it. “I-“ Xiaotian said before hesitating. Gripping on the both sides of the paper. Wrinkling the edges. 

“I can draw a new one, if you hate this one!! Please don’t be upset!!” The little boy pleaded. 

His words snapped Macaque out of his thoughts. The fear in the demon's eyes is replaced with concern. Realized that he has made a mistake when he reacted like that in front of Xiaotian. “I don’t hate it, kid. In fact, I love it.” Macaque said softly. Fearing that if he talks too loud it might scare the kid away. Right now the demon needs to be gentle with the insecure child. “Really?” The child muttered.

”Of course, how could I not? My little nephew is a great artist.” The six-eared demon said, approaching the four years old slowly before kneeling down to hug the child. Xiaotian froze for a second before he quickly embrace the other. 

The black-furred demon released the boy. “I love how you draw Mayor. It looks just like him. Do you know what’s gonna make the drawing even better? Draw rainbow farts behind Mayor. I bet he will love it once he sees it.” Macaque encouraged the kid with ulterior motives.  

“Okay!! I’ll draw the biggest rainbow fart for Mayor!!” The boy agreed. Macaque smirked and ruffled the four years old hair. “That’s my boy!!” And Xiaotian giggled. 

“Anyway… sorry for acting weird, I was surprised by your hair color.” Macaque explained while scratching his neck nervously. “What do you mean?” The kid frowned.