018

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ, ⁱⁿˢᵗᵃᵍʳᵃᵐ

"iris?" i hear chris say as he knocks on my door. i groan to respond. as you could imagine, its been a pretty shitty couple of days for us. ever since the video of me, rome and nate fighting got released, people have been on our ass. you know i cant go to grab my favourite drink at starbucks without getting mobbed? that fucking sucks. i literally have to send olivia for me, and even then! she gets recognised or someone gets crowded and its just annoying. during times like these it makes me wonder if i even want to be as known as i am. "im coming in" he says. i let out a long sigh as i scroll through my pinterest feed looking at kittens. he sits on the edge of my bed and also sighs. "how you been?" he asks. i just glare at him for asking such a stupid question. he realises he's being stupid. "right. sorry. my bad." he shakes his head.

"you know you can fly back to boston right? shouldnt you have gone by now?" i mumble through the blankets. 

"yeah. but youre obviously not okay and im not leaving until i know youre back to normal iris." he crosses his arms as if it was final.

"aw chris. youre so cute." i smile at him.

"shut up." he huffs.

"i want kittens." i say out of nowhere. he turns to me.

"what? where did that come from?" he asks.

"i dont know. i just need something cute and cuddly to cuddle with every night so i stop crying myself to sleep." i shrug. he puts a hand on his heart, offended.

"im right here!" he exclaims and i laugh, as does he. "no but seriously, if you want kittens let me come with you. but you do know if youre actually gonna do this you need to buy like all the kitten shit first-" he says.

"kitten shit?" i sit up, amused. "im aware, chris. lets go. right now. up you get." i hop out of bed. chris looks at me, shaking his head.

"out of all the things that couldve gotten you out of bed, kittens was the thing. kittens." he says, in disbelief.

we walk past the others in the living room, unbothered, but olivia notices.