027

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ, ⁱⁿˢᵗᵃᵍʳᵃᵐ

we were going skiing today, as of romes out of the blue request, and i was a tad bit excited.

"SKIING. WE'RE GOING SKIING CHRIS. IVE NEVER BEEN IM SO EXCITED" i yell enthusiastically to chris as we all head to a sports shop to buy some ski clothes.

"none of us have iris!" nick chimes in, reminding me. i roll my eyes.

"shut up nick. let me have my moment." i glare at him.

"ski jackets are so cute.." olivia thinks aloud as she stares at some of the jackets hanging up.
"alright.. hurry up guys. i wanna spend the whole day there." i usher them as ive already grabbed the stuff i need, and now im waiting for them to finish and pay! talk about being slow, gosh.
"okay iris. we get it. youre excited. but if you faceplant into the snow and end up hating it, ill laugh." matt says, grinning, knowing it annoyed me. i huff.
"whatever matt. practice makes perfect." i reply.

"okay here i go.." i mumble as i attempt to push myself forward, but can you guess what happened? i faceplanted! into the snow!
"I TOLD YOU. THAT WAS SO FUNNY" matt yells over all of their laughs.
"matt i will kill you. i blame this on you. you jinxed it. i hate you." i tell him, crossing my arms and walking over to chris's side.
"you alright?" he asks.
"of course im alright. its just snow, chris. it didnt hurt or whatever." i say, trying to hide the aching pain coming from my nose. the snow was harder than i thought.
"whatever you say." he shrugs.
"hey iris.. race you down?" rome asks, getting into his starting position. i simply glare at him. then he realises. "ohhh right. you cant ski for shit. ha." he says it like its nothing. i raise my eyebrows and before i know it, im marching up behind him and pushing him down the hill. his scream fades. it was funny.
"cmon iris, ill go with you this time." chris suggests. i contemplated letting him help me.
"fine." i give in. "just go slowly or ill kill you. but i still love you. but ill kill you." my expression changes throughout my sentence. he just smiles.
"i love you too. just hold on and dont let go alright?" he makes sure i was listening. i nod.
"oh boo. you guys are disgusting. i shouldve invited oliver!" nick complains, since he was fifth wheeling with matt.
"hey. you got me buddie. we'll be lonely together." matt pats his back and comforts him. me and chris send them weird looks before we head down the hill.
"CHRIS CHRIS CHRIS DONT LET GO OF ME DONT LET GO OF ME DONT LET GO OF ME" i repeat. you could hear the fear in my voice.
"OKAY JUST DONT DISTRACT ME AND I WONT" he yells back, losing his balance every time i cling onto his shoulder. and then, of course, i accidentally lose my balance. dont ask how. i just did. so i fell, but i dragged chris down with me.
"ow." he says from beside me. we both groan in pain before staring at each other and realise the situation we're in. then we start laughing. "that was fun" he says through his laughs.
"i agree" i also say, unable to stop laughing. mid way through my laughs i realise hes stopped, and hes just staring at me. "what? is there snow in my hair—" i move the hair out of my face.
"no, no. i just. im glad i finally have you. youre here. with me. i mean.. shit you got kidnapped." he scoffs lightly, processing it. "i realised i never asked how you were. after the whole thing. im sorry i didnt i was just so caught up with stella and i couldve been so much better for you but—"
"chris. stop. its not your fault, you dont have to apologise. and to be fair, id rather not talk about it because right now, im here with you. and i love you." i tell him so he would stop worrying. he smiles at me.
"i dont think you do love me you know. youre gonna have to prove it or something.." he says sarcastically, scratching his head and looking around.
"oh really?" i smile, trying not to laugh.
"yeah youre gonna have to like.. kiss me or somethin. i dont know." he says. i tilt my head and raise my eyebrows.
"are you asking me to kiss you christopher?" i ask him, with a wide grin on my face.
"noooo. what? noooo." he replies. we both let out the laughs we were holding in, unable to keep whatever this was going. midway, i lean in to kiss him and i do not want to stop as soon as our lips connect. but, unfortunately for me, i remembered we were in the middle of a skiing mountain hill thing!
"as much as id love to keep going, we gotta get back up there. theyre probably wondering where we are." i help him up.
"or they dont care and we could just stay here?" he asks as he leans in for another kiss, but only getting one cause i pull away.
"come onnnn" i say as i drag him back up the hill. he groans along the way.