Chapter 6- The Shattering

"When you were dragged into the Abyss, Loremaster took very little time to fall. I had actually tried to keep her from falling. I really did. Unlike me, I know. But I couldn't stop it. Not without you. Several other angels had decided to stay with us since we returned yours and... William's home. It feels almost wrong to call him that. But since we were a bunch of demons seemingly living mundane lives, they decided the best course of action was to monitor us. I just wish it made a difference." Lucifer and Y/N were alone, seeing as Loremaster was struggling to keep it together. He understood. After all, Y/N had the same thing happen to his brother, just not with the disappearing forever part.

"So which angel was it? I've got a feeling I know but-"

"I can't tell you. Especially since she still believes she hasn't fallen yet," Lucifer whispered, shaking her head as if sharing a deep secret.

 Especially since she still believes she hasn't fallen yet," Lucifer whispered, shaking her head as if sharing a deep secret

"It's funny. You don't even realize how different your body really is. Not that you'd really care. Still using that brute strength of yours like always," she chuckled. Y/N couldn't help but chuckle as well.

"You know, Lucie, I think I like you better like this. You're more... mellow," the... half demon(?) Put a hand on her head, like he would if he was petting one of Cerberus' heads. This caused Lucifer's face to explode red.

 This caused Lucifer's face to explode red

"Well, I'm gonna go talk to Ms. Loremaster. After all, she is missing me even after all this time~!" Lucifer sighed. It seems even after all this time, he still had her wrapped around his finger. Even if he was potentially dying in an alternate dimension. Lucifer shook her head and gestured to the room behind them. Almost immediately though, Y/N had been hit with a debilitating headache that brought him down into Lucifer's arms.

"Damn, I wish we had more time. I suppose any number of the other near-death experiences will bring you back. Hopefully, you're not gone too long. For all our-" Lucifer was cut off as she watched the light fade from his eyes.

"Fuck do I wish I had time magic..."

Y/N gasped violently, eyes shooting open as he panicked, grabbing the arm of the closest person to him. That arm turned out to be Azazel, who was startled by the sudden grab.

"Oh thank the Lord you've woken up. Your wound closed but you still wouldn't wake up so I just kept trying and trying and I thought I'd- we'd lost you!" Azazel cried, smiling despite the tears. Y/N closed his eyes and smiled, leaning back.

"It's gonna take more than some blood loss to take me out, Halo. But thanks for the help. You're a lifesaver, Azazel," he said, fighting back the exhaustion that was taking over. As the first time, he'd really called her by her name, Azazel blushed and just hugged him, starting to calm down from the rather... exciting event. Judgement was the one to take over after that, kneeling to his left.

"I'm sorry for almost killing you. I've come to realize you need no punishment and as repayment, I will join your..." she started, her face flushed red as the demon looked away.

"You don't have to force yourself. But you're welcome to tag along. I don't think I'd have it any other way." Helltaker laughed at Y/N's response.

"You said you only came down here for me but you seem to have gotten yourself a harem of your own!" BJ laughed, crossing his arms. But despite his brother's teasing, Y/N was focused solely on Azazel, which he found somewhat odd. Normally the younger brother would react in SOME way. But now, it was almost like Azazel was the only thing he saw or heard for a moment.

"Well, no point asking about it now. Everyone! We're going home!" Cheers resounded throughout the group and they all began their ascent to the human world. The group found themselves out in the middle of the street. Y/N recognized the street and smiled.

"It's my neighborhood. What a coincidence. Come on, we can stay at my place for some relaxation. Please don't go into the basement. I haven't cleaned it up and need to rerack all the weights properly before I feel confident in showing it off to people," he said. They were undoubtedly a strange group, walking on that sidewalk. They passed a quaint little coffee shop owned by a kind old man and Y/N waved, showing a certain familiarity with the man. They passed several more houses before reaching a rather nice one and walking up the driveway.

 The air felt different the moment the demons stepped onto the property, like the house itself was judging them

The air felt different the moment the demons stepped onto the property, like the house itself was judging them. When Y/N explained that it was his father's old home and left for Helltaker and Y/N, it made sense. The house was special to them. Suddenly Zdrada made a comment.

"Shit, man, I didn't realize you were that jacked!" It was like reality came crashing down on him in that instant.

"FUCK, MY SHIRT!"