Chapter 24- Stay At Your House

DARK chapter here. Spoilers, you live tho. Takes place weeks after chrithmath- creastmace- fuck it- the snowy Jesus holiday. Weird how I couldn't spell it right, huh? Sorry for the lateness, got caught up in... life.

Y/N was gasping for air, a burning pain rippling across his chest with each breath. He tried to sit up, only for Azazel and Judgement to hold him down. He didn't know what was going on, only aware of the looks of fear and concern across everyone's faces. Justice was holding BJ back as he tried to force his way past her over to the younger brother. None of it made sense. They wouldn't let him look at his chest and he couldn't remember what lead up to current events. After having forgotten to breath for a moment, Y/N tried to take a deep breath, reset his breathing, only to feel the sudden sharpness of pain that threw him into a coughing fit. He could feel spit drooling from his lips after, since they wouldn't let him cover his mouth. Judgement used a free hand to take a handkerchief and wipe it for him, to which he mouthed a quiet thanks. His mouth dried up quickly, however, as he noticed the massive splatter of blood now soaking into the otherwise bright white cloth.

"sh-shit..." he coughed, spitting up more blood. Judgement snapped her head back to Y/N.

"Don't talk, save your energy. We're going to get you to a hospital. Besides, it's time we fought on your behalf." Y/N's eyes widened as he struggled to move again.

"d... don't do..." he gasped, frightened by the thought of the people he'd come to care so much about hurt. Azazel smiled down at him and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I'll come back for the rest, I promise," she said, brushing his bangs out from his eyes.

"love... you girls..." he said weakly. Judgement's head snapped towards the wounded human and cracked loudly. Azazel just smiled back and stood up.

"I believe we should go join the others. William, you're going to have to finish the journey without the rest of us. Daisy will be with you to make sure you get there safe." Lucifer was the one to give Y/N a peck on the cheek this time, though the human was struggling to stay awake. Helltaker and Daisy rushed off to the hospital as fast as they could. There was no time to wait for ambulances or cops. Consequences be damned, he was getting to a hospital in less than five minutes. Unfortunately, Y/N had passed away not three minutes and forty five seconds after being admitted. Daisy didn't even have to wait for the nurse to tell her; she knew the moment it happened. Helltaker hadn't known why she suddenly just seemed to go sheet white or why she silently began crying at first but came to understand the moment he heard the news.

Meanwhile, Y/N was sitting up in some sort of bed. it looked kind of like the hospital bed he was laid down in but it was far too nice to be the same. When he sat up, the sheets and bed itself seemed to fade away and he stood up as if just floating there. He could tell he wasn't alone, even despite the nearly blinding lights around him. It felt surreal, like he had been to this place before, whatever it was. Still, Y/N had a job to do, one he wasn't going to just leave unfinished. So he wandered.

Y/N had walked and walked, and for hours contemplated what really drove him to go back. It's not like many people get to die and come back. But he wasn't like many people. Humans were unique, each one different from the last. No one was like Y/N and he was like no one else. Still, he thought. The obvious answers came up- the girls, his brother, all his friends. All valid reasons to return to life. But there was one that stuck out, even among the reasonable desires. One drive that pushed him far beyond anything he could. Something that, he realized, was not unique to him but a shared trait among all humans. The drive to continue on, self preservation, the will to face impossible odds and still find victory when even the smallest flickers of hope should have died out.

The light became blinding for a moment and Y/N blocked it out with his arms. He shielded his face for a few moments as everything dimmed, though peeked through his fingers to test if it was safe to look. Finally sure he could uncover them, he rubbed the spots from his eyes and finally got a look at who had been with him since he arrived in the void of brightness.

 Finally sure he could uncover them, he rubbed the spots from his eyes and finally got a look at who had been with him since he arrived in the void of brightness

(I used AI art, don't hurt me)

"Well, if it isn't my gift to humanity. Easily eight decades too early I might add. What was it this time? Some sort of hulking man-made monstrosity? Please tell me it wasn't those Neo Anti Life ruffians!" she said, pausing to giggle as Y\N stared.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"God, who else could I be?" A moment of silence fell between the two.

"Wait, so all this time God was just some big tittied goth girl?"