13, game day

friday 4:32pm

kinan 😍
Hii, can anyone get me a ride to
the game today? My ma's outta
town.

tima :)
i'm getting a ride w leo
i can see if von can get you

diana 👹
i need one too

leo <3
yes my brother can get yall

maria 💜
Speak to us captain
What we need

hannah baker 💞
W team captain btw

leo <3
😭😭
aight real shit we js need to lock in
honestly idk how they made it to
finals, they suck. they have 2 good
players, #1 and #10 and they're the
ultimate pg & big man duo.
and the rest of them couldn't
make our jv team. what they'll try
to do is get a good lead on us the first half
and bring in their big ass rotation for the rest
of the game

we js gotta lock in

khloe 😩
mama so sexy when she
tell me what to do 😩😩😩

quincy :3
right 😩😩😩

leo <3
keep playin 😩😩😩
it aint all that hard gang
we js gotta play hard, stay
w our fundamentals n we
be like that fr

kinan 😍
DHS champions bouta fuck
around and make it to nationals

maria 💜
Okay mama 🍼
loved by leo <3

Leo sat on the back steps of the basketball gym, waiting patiently in the cold as she desperately prayed for her brother to pull up

Leo sat on the back steps of the basketball gym, waiting patiently in the cold as she desperately prayed for her brother to pull up. She sat with her hoodie tied tightly around her ears and her legs pulled up to her chest, scrolling on her FYP as she began shivering in place. The CT winter and her after-game sweat weren't making her case any better as the sweat lining her hairline quite literally were beginning to turn to ice.

She had just sent her 7th text in a row to Lavon, who didn't answer again and she turned her phone off, wrapping her arms around her knees and rocked in place. She was so cold, she didn't even turn her head when she heard the back door open. "Leo,"

The curly-haired girl knew that voice from anywhere and it had a much different effect on her in person. She didn't turn around, she allowed him to sit next to her and she scooted over a bit to let him sit. David was dressed in distressed gray jeans, a black puffer, and Military 4s.

"I could have sworn I told you not to come," Leo mumbled, holding her phone tightly to her knees. Funny how these were the only words she was capable of saying just after she compared this boy to his biggest opp all over social media. Not including that it was close to getting her killed. "I needed to talk to you mama, and see you play. I'm done talking shit though. You'd hand my ankles to me. " DD notified her and she laughed, pushing a sweaty piece of hair back into her hoodie.

"Always knew I would."

"Ima keep it a buck with you Leonora."

"How-" she interrupted.

"Don't ask. " DD grabbed her hands and held them both, sliding them underneath his jacket for warmth. As much as she forced herself to despise this boy, her hands were nothing but cold and his presence was comforting. "You were right, I couldn't control myself that night."

"- See."

"Girl let me speak. You were right, but I want you to know that before I met you, I was your average hood nigga, player, pimp, man hoe, whatever you tryna name it. But somehow, there was something about you that made me different, that really wanted to change. And I don't know why I fucked up and her do allat on me, and I know I fucked up with you, but I'm more than willing to fix it with you, to change for you and be loyal to you for however long you allow me to."

His thumb began to caress her wrist underneath the thick fabric and she turned towards him. "And how many other females have you said that to?" David turned to her and glared. "Quit playing." His breath lingered around the white cloud that formed at the warmth of their breath. It smelt like the exact toothpaste she used. A cheeky smile formed on her face and she looked into his chocolate-brown eyes, and once she blinked, their lips were touching.

One slow kiss before the two pulled the way, maintaining eye contact as the accending headlights began to shine on them from Lavon's Honda. "What does this mean?" David asked.

"Hmm, that I'll unblock you, don't get ahead of yourself."

-

"Y'all better not do nun y'all not 'posed to do." Lavon shouted from down the hall as he watched both Leo and David step into the room. Leo knew what he was talking about, and she also knew better. Though the Jack & Jill bathroom the two siblings shared and the fact that Leo wasn't a fast ass stopped her from doing anything remarkably close to that.

Leo threw her bag on the floor and shut the door, standing on her white carpet awkwardly. "So, this is my room." DD had sat on the edge of her bed and unlaced his shoes, moving his jacket as well to a white t. "I have a bone to pick with you," Leo started, "you aren't 5'10."

David looked up from his shoes with a defeated smith and instantly clapped back, "You aren't 5'10."

"It's what my roster says, we both bout 5'7." Leo took her shirt and hoodie off, taking a set of clean clothes to the bathroom. A pout formed on his lips as she walked away. "Ian never fucked with a hoe the same height as me." He complained, laying on his back. She walked into the bathroom and shut the door a bit, so that there was about 1 inch of space left and she stuck her nose right through it, "Ian a hoe David."

David scrolled on Tiktok for about 25 minutes until Leo walked out of the bathroom, a waft of steam following behind her as she walked over to her dresser. "Take jeans off, youn sleeping with me like that." She pulled a pair of her shorts out of her drawer and threw them at the boy.

With her turning around, he quickly slid his jeans off and put the black shorts on & within 15 seconds the two were both sitting silently in the bed. She crawled shoulders down into her comforter, David tossing his phone down and rolling over so that his face was on her chest. "I've always wanted to be with a female like girl, not gonna lie." David admitted. "Like what?

"A big body."

Leo chuckled and kissed her teeth, "A big body? Oh really?"

"Noo, ain none wrong with it. Love myself a stallion."