Chapter 5

Seb POV

1 month later

It has been a month since Meg came to me, she is doing well. She has a job now at the local cafe,  she has healed physically and is going to therapy for mental healing. Ronnie was arrested and his trial is in a week. I know Megan is dreading it because she feels like he is just going to twist everything and make it seem like Megan's fault. I've tried to reassure her that it's going to be okay but she doesn't think so.

"Seb!!"
"I'm in the office"
I've just finished a call with my agent and they have confirmed that filming for the last avenger movie will begin in 1 month. I'm so excited to get back into set with everyone but also sad because it's the last one we will all be doing together.
"Hey"
"Hey, how was work?"
"Good. Was a nice slow day, nothing to crazy. Yours?"
"Good yeah. Just been confirmed I'm going to Atlanta in a month to start filming the new avengers"
"Oh....."
"What's up?"
She looks to the floor and shakes her head.
"Erm nothing. I'll go make dinner"

She hurry's off and I'm left feeling confused. I thought she would be okay with all this. But I guess not, I turn off my computer and make my way to the kitchen. She is buzzing around, getting things prepped for dinner.
"What's wrong Meg?"
"Nothing it's..."
"What?"
"I had a call today, Ronnies trial has been set back. It will be a month from today. So....."
"I won't be here.......shit!"

"It's okay Seb, don't worry, I'll figure it out"
"No Meg I promised I'd be there with you. I'll talk to them see if I can maybe fly out after the trial"
"Seb really it doesn't matter. You've done enough for me truly"
"Meg....."
"I'm making tacos for dinner, so why don't you go get cleaned up"
I knew she didn't want to talk about it anymore. So I nod and go off to shower. I have to try and get this sorted I can't leave her to face this alone.

Megs POV

Once Seb is out of sight, I can't help but feel myself start to panic. I don't think I can do this without Seb by my side. Being there in that court room, having to talk about everything without sebs support. I can't do it. I feel the tears slide down my face and I can feel my heart beating like crazy. Come on Megan, breathe. Just breathe.

As I'm trying to calm myself, I feel a hand on my arm, I turn and it's Seb. He pulls me to him and holds me close.
"It's okay Meg just breath"
I try to match my breathing to his and slowly feel myself calming down. He runs his hand threw my hair until I'm breathing normal.
"I'm sorry Seb"
"Don't you apologise. Look at me"
I turn my head to look up at him and he cups my face "I will be with you okay. I'm not going to leave you alone to face this. I promise you."

I nod and smile at him, staring into his blue eyes. I can't help but smile and get lost in those amazing eyes. I feel myself leaning forward, wanting to kiss him. Just as I'm about too, he pulls away. I can't hide the hurt on my face, I know I can't.
"Meg...."
I shake my head and pull away from him, I can't even look in his direction right now.
"It's fine....I'm going to go to bed"
"What about dinner?"
"I'm not hungry"
I walk past and he holds my wrist "Meg.....wait...."
"No. It's okay. Just forget it"
I pull away gently and walk to my room, closing the door and locking it. Sliding down, letting the tears run. How could I be so stupid? He would never want me like that. I'm damaged and a mess. I'm so stupid.