20

Aemond paced his chambers, he had taken a giant risk when he switched Aemma's vial. The real poison sat on his desk. Though he knew Aemma would forever hate him, a small part of him wished their circumstances had been different. He had already regretted so much he had done to the girl in the past days. She used to be his only friend when he was a child, his sister, though he adored her, always kept to herself. Aegon bullied him, and both Jacearys and Lucerys were cruel to him. It was only Aemma that had truly treated him as her friend, and now he had been treating her awfully.

He told himself he switched out the poison because besides being his wife, Aemma was his friend, she was his childhood companion. Yet a part of him felt like he should not have thought about helping her, he should have been loyal to his brother Aegon the King over Aemma. Why wasn't he, Why did he feel so torn apart. His head ached with both confusion and regret towards both sides and heart ached only for Aemma, who he had betrayed so easily.

"You switched the vials didn't you" questioned Aemma softly, "I wonder how." The girl slowly made her way over to him. He eyed her, she was beautiful still, her silver white hair reflecting the light in the chamber, her purple eyes seemed to shine as she eyed him. He took a moment to stare at her, at her beauty, Aemond had always found Aemma beautiful, but in this moment he swore she looked even more so.

"You could atleast thank me." Muttered Aemond, though he regretted the remark as soon as it left his lips. She owed him no gratitude. None.

"Of course, thank you so fucking much! For everything you have done for me dear husband."

Aemma curtisied at him."Shall I go lay down so you can empty your fucking seed into me then Aemond? I do pray upon the gods that I will carry your child soon!" The girl pressed her face into her hands and laughed before shaking her head, tears in her eyes.

"Why am I so fucking emotional Aemond? Why am I so fucking stupid. I should have left with my family."

"I do not know." Aemond stared at the Princess, pain filled his heart, he was at fault, he had hurt her, he had let his family use her. He had let them, he should have helped Aemma escape. They would not need Aemma to win the upcoming war. They would find other ways to secure more bannermen.
He wished he could take it all back and warn her. He swore upon the gods at this very moment that he would undo it all if he could, he begged them to please take him back in time. To please make Aemma go back to Dragonstone safely. He wished he could soar through the sky on Vhagar with Aemma at his side, frightening all of Kingslanding as she flew on Valera.

But the gods did not care for his begging, and he could never take it all back.

"You do not need to thank me for switching the vials, it was- I had to...." Spoke the Prince while he walked towards Aemma who stood at his desk, eying the vial that contained Yellow nightshade. He softly grabbed her hand.

Aemond envisioned himself admitting that he had been awfull to Aemma, in his head he begged for her forgiveness, on his knees even. But the words did not come out. He stroked his thumb over Aemma's hand and softly took her chin into his hands. "I'm-"

"It truly was no poison Aemond." Whispered Aemma, breaking him off, shoving his apology right back in his throat.

"I'll show you." The girl's hands shook as she gently grabbed the small vial and took off the lid, which she discarded unto the table before meeting his eye again. He questioned her words, he didn't trust the vial, he feared she wanted to end her life by drinking it and becoming a martyr to her mothers cause. But he feared losing her above all.

"Then let me drink from it." Whispered Aemond. "Because if it do is poison then I deserve to die from it, not you. I deserve whatever painfull death awaits me." Whispered the Prince as he stared into Aemma's eyes, the Maester had truly confirmed it indeed was a most deadly poison that would lead to a horrible painfull death. One which Aemond at this moment truly believed he deserved. So he took the bottle from Aemma's eyes. The girl opened her mouth and eyed him, a single tear fell from her eyes as he put the yellow liquid on bis lips, but at the last moment she snatched the bottle from his hands and threw the liquid into her mouth. Her eyes watery when she swallowed.

Aemond stared at her, a million thoughts racing through his head, Aemma started coughing, she put her hand in front of her mouth as she eyes the Targaryen Prince. Her gaze soft. Yet neither of them moved further away from eachother.

"Aemma." Aemond's voice barely a whispered as he cradled her face in his hands. "Aemma please." He softly caressed her cheek and closed his eye before pressing his lips on hers. The kiss was deep, and made his soul come alive. The hairs on his skin rose as he begged the Gods that a drop of the poison had been spared upon Aemma's lips, so that he might die too. "Please." Whispered Aemond, his voice pleading, his heart thundering. "Please spare me a drop Aemma, I deserve it." Whispered Aemond, he kept pressing his lips to her as the girl stood frozen before him, with tears in her eyes, her lips slightly apart and her breathing heavy. "Please Aemma, please." Begged the Prince as he kissed her deeper this time, one hand on her face and the other gripped her waist carefully. He pressed himself against her, he cradled her body and a single tear fell from his eye.

Which made Aemme break from her silence. She grabbed Aemond his chin and gently stroked it, a calm expression on her face and kindness in her eyes as she used her sleeve to wipe away her tears. "Aemond." Whispered the girl as she caressed his face, her fingers soft and warm against his cheek. She sighted softly and kissed his brow, before using her thumb to wipe away his tear. "I'm alright." Whispered the girl as she took his chin in her hand and made him look at her, his mouth fell open, only slighty, his warm breath hitting her face as she rested her forehead against his, showing him a small smile. "It was no poison, I am alright."

-

-