Chapter Nine

"So do you want a chocolate cake with white frosting or a white cake with chocolate frosting or-" Taylor and her mother sat at the kitchen table discussing cake ideas. It had been a fun day of shopping, hair styling, and grocery shopping for both of them. Her dad had gone golfing and then to the shooting range with his buddies, something he hadn't been able to do for a long time. It was nice not to have to worry about school or anything at the moment, but right now, Taylor chewed her lip as she tuned out her mother. She didn't want to be rude, but she already had an idea, she decided to stop her anyways,

"Mom I really appreciate all the options, but could we go with a white cake with strawberry filling and chocolate frosting?"

"Oh! Um sure. I guess I should have started off with, hey do you know what cake you want?"

"It's alright." Taylor said as she  put a check mark next to the word cake which was on her list of things to get ready for.

"What else do we have to do?"

"Um get table clothes. Buy party favors. There's a couple things left, but we have until Wednesday to do so."

"Are your invitations done?"

"Yes and no. I got them written, now I just have to send them out."

"You better get cracking."

"I know I know."

"Do you want to go to the store together?"

"I think I will be okay. You should rest"

"Alright, you better go now, it's starting to get dark and you know how I feel..."

"I do. And yes, I will go right now." Taylor kissed her mothers temple and rushed to get her purse. Then she headed for the garage and got her bike out, as she checked her tires, she saw a tall skinny man go into Stone's house. He must be having company. She thought to herself as she got onto her bike and slowly rode by trying to see if she could see anything else, but she didn't so she hurried on her way to the store. Once inside, she quickly made her way to where the table cloths were. Shopping by herself away scared her because she felt so small in a tiny world. Finding the aisle, she picked out a gold, blue and siler cloth, getting three of each color, you could never buy to much of one ting. Afterwords, she went to the clearance section and found a bunch of random things t use as party favors. She grabbed some lunch bags too to put the gifts inside. Feeling successful, she went to the self check out and paid for everything. Gathering her bags, she hurried out to her bike and dumped it all into her basket, then she rode home, eager to get out of that part of town as it wasn't the safest at night.

Taylor arrived home without giving a second thought about Stone's house, she entered the kitchen to find that her mom had disappeared, with a shrug she went up to her room to begin filling the bags with the favors. She enjoyed decorating and preparing things for special occasions. but especially her own parties because she could do what she wanted and wasn't getting bossed by anyone else or told how to do something that she thought shouldn't be done a certain way.

"Darling?" Her mothers voice floated from downstairs.

"Yes mom?" She shouted back.

"We're leaving now. Taylor stopped bagging the items and popped down the stairs to see her parents dressed in their dancing clothes

"Are you guys going to the dance Hall?"

"Yeah." Tom said as he put his arm around Becca and kissed her

"Okay, too much closeness, bye guys!" Taylor said as she squeezed her eyes close

"Bye sweetheart."

"Bye guys." She said as he closed the door.

"Oh Tay?" Beccas said re opening the door again

"Yes mom?"

"Will you go out into the garage, I think some of the birthday decorations are out there."

"Sure. I can do that."

"Great. See you later honey."

"Don't wait up for us." Tom said with a wink.

"Love you." With that, they left. Taylor closed the door then headed for the side door into the garage. She thought it odd that they would begin to set up now but maybe her mom wanted things to be done and ready so if they didn't like something they could fix it. Opening the door, Taylor flicked on the light but it didn't turn on. She flicked it again and again

"Oh come on!" She shouted as she grabbed out her phone and turned on her light. Walking towards the shelves, she rummaged around through the boxes until she found a couple of things. She turned and headed back towards the house, just as a scuffling noise reached her ears.

"Hello?" She called out, as she searched the dark. Hello!?" She called out once more, turning her light towards the whale garage and moving it around. Suddenly her light hit a body, then a face- streaked with blood.