|One: Teen Minds|

"Remind me why I ever agreed to go along with this again?" Olivia King asked her father, Henry King Senior was in the driver's seat of the car and she already spotted her older brother Henry Jr standing in front of the school with the familiar letterman jacket amongst his group of friends that used football as an excuse to push others around.

"Because you chose to do this, because we need to keep an eye on your brother, just in case he finally starts developing powers like you have done. This was your idea for me to enroll you." Mr. King reminded her and Olivia looked at her headphones that were hanging around her neck and she already felt the pressure, the massive weight of nearly four hundred teenagers' voices inside of her skull and she looked at him.

"I'm sure really regretting that idea right now." Olivia murmured quietly and she slipped her headphones on over her head, as she opened the passenger side door and she started blasting her music as she walked over to where Henry and his friends were.

"Livvy! I thought that you would never show up." Henry Junior called and Olivia smiled at the nickname that he had for her, as she walked up to her older brother and Henry moved his arms around her in a quick hug. "Guys, this is my little sister Olivia King. Olivia, meet the boys." Henry said as Olivia nodded a little, feeling disgusted at the thoughts inside of their heads but still quite successfully keeping it off of her face. Or at least, she hoped that she did.

Olivia shrugged off her headphones and she was bombarded by thoughts from every side, as she collected her schedule and her locker number and combination from the office, before she had her picture taken for her school ID and she got a lanyard to put it around her neck.

She saw that Henry was talking with the boys again, while Olivia had her head in her locker as she struggled silently to separate her thoughts from everyone else's in the school, trying to get the coping mechanisms to work and she locked onto the calmest mind that she could find, which was surprisingly her brother's and she inhaled as the familial connection did its work.

"Dad?"

She reached out with her mind in the hope that he could hear her and she felt the familiar presence in the back of her mind, calming her down and she was shaking a little bit. It felt a little bit like she had him watching out for her through her eyes, working to block out the noise.

"Thanks Dad." She whispered quietly out loud and she opened her eyes, as the migraine had disappeared and she was shutting her locker. She turned around and flinched at the sight of a pair of eyes staring right at her.

Olivia recognized her as Cindy Burman, Henry's girlfriend and the "mean girl" of the school judging by her thoughts and everyone else's when they saw her as usual. "Can I help you?" She questioned and Cindy scoffed.

"Stay away from my boyfriend, little girl." Cindy demanded and Olivia rolled her eyes at her, as she picked up her backpack. Olivia was suddenly slammed into the lockers by Cindy, whose eyes burned with fierce fire. "Did you hear me?" Cindy demanded to know as she was practically now just seething with rage and fury.

"He's my brother, you paranoid bitch." Olivia snapped and Cindy looked stunned, but her hands tightened around Olivia's shoulders to the point of pain.

In response to it, Olivia threw out a sudden snap of telekinesis and Cindy was blown back and she was thrown clear into the opposite wall of lockers.

Everyone turned around and gasped, as Olivia felt everyone's thoughts of horror and even some of admiration for her actions against Cindy, who was one of the most feared students in the high school and she caught Henry staring at her with horror in his eyes.

Olivia lowered her head a little bit and as the bell rang, she walked into her class and she hoped that neither Cindy or Henry was in her class but unfortunately she had Henry in her class as she was shaking her head and Henry sat in front of her.

"What the hell was that?" Henry turned around to face her in his seat and he was glaring at her, as she was shaking her head.

"She was hurting me... Henry. I had to." She muttered and he was shaking his head at her. "Why are you so angry, what did she tell you?" Olivia asked quietly and Henry stared at her in surprise and shock while Olivia was reading his thoughts and trying to figure out what exactly had transpired in his mind.

"Cindy told me that Olivia was the one who tried to beat her up, who do I believe about something like this?..."

Henry's thoughts were saying and Olivia looked back at the board, as the teacher walked into the room. "Good morning class. Before we begin our lesson today, I would like to introduce you to our new student, Olivia King." She said and as soon as everyone realized who she was, the thoughts came crashing in and Olivia winced in pain and awkwardness, unused to all of the attention that had suddenly been directed at her. Not to mention the thoughts that surged through her mind, some of them curiosity and some of them being so much worse.

After the teacher had explained the assignment, Olivia was grateful for the teacher being able to understand that in her file it was stated with an official diagnosis by her father and their doctors, that she had a sensitivity to noise that required her to wear headphones for a good portion of things.

Olivia slipped her headphones on over her ears and her music began to play, ironically it was "Mindreader" by A Day To Remember and she started writing down her ideas for the assignment and answering the questions, as she ignored the thoughts of other people that she could potentially steal answers from, but she thought of it as cheating so she never did.

Even though she knew that Henry would probably use it to his every sort of an advantage, if he did need to pass a test in order to stay on the team for example. Olivia heard the school bell ringing through her headphones and she swiftly packed up her stuff and slung her bag over her shoulder, as she walked out of the classroom and onwards to her next class.