|Three: Powers Or Not|

"Hen, are you insane? Just ask one of your jock friends about a ride. Unless you want Dad, to never give you a car again." Olivia tried to convince Henry Junior that stealing the money out of their Dad's wallet was a bad idea, but he wasn't having it. "Fine, I'm headed to school. I'm walking." Olivia warned and Henry shook his head.

"Wimp." He said under his breath.

"Idiot." Olivia retorted quietly as she retrieved her earbuds... and now, she was walking down the stairs. She sighed as she felt Junior's nervousness from the bottom of the stairs and she focused on a trick that she had been trying to perfect for a while now.

Olivia focused and she was suddenly seeing the world through a brownish sort of tinge. She saw everything that her twin saw, as she stayed silent and she was hoping that he didn't develop powers then and there, so that he did not sense her using his eyes as tools to see what her dad was up to.

"Yes sir." Henry Junior said as Olivia felt a weird bumping sensation, as if Junior was walking and when there was a thud from upstairs and Olivia could now stare directly into her dad's eyes, she concluded that Junior had sat down.

"I have a few more questions for you, about the other night." Their dad said and Olivia focused on her brother's thoughts, as his memories flashed to the forefront along with the familiar fears, that often plagued both of them. The fear of their father.

"What?" Henry asked and Olivia fought to keep her own body from running up the stairs, as she looked at the wall in front of her, before going back into Junior's mind to see what Henry Senior was going to do.

"Was it a girl that did it?"

"No, I told you already, it was some guy." Junior was insisting and Olivia felt anger from their father, and she unknowingly clenched her fist back downstairs. "You really think a girl--"

"You can't lie to me, Henry. I, always, know." Olivia knew that to be true as well, except for the fact that in her training on her own, she learned to hide her thoughts. To slam a wall of steel down so hard that nothing in the world could pierce it... not unless, she had a reason to drop it. "So... Tell me, Junior... Did a girl beat you and your friends up and destroy my car?"

"It was too hard to see." Junior insisted and Olivia felt her heart tearing at the pain and the fear, that he was sending out. "Maybe it was a girl." Junior admitted and Olivia felt tears falling from her own eyes, as he kept his cool, somehow. "Can you give me a ride to school?"

Olivia had learned just about all that she could about, what her father was trying to pull and she pulled back her vision and swiftly, her vision briefly went black for a second and then she was back in her own body.

Olivia picked up her backpack and she slung it across her back, as Henry came down the stairs and she caught him gently by the arm. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked and Henry looked at her.

"Let's just get to school, all right? Let's go." Henry murmured and, Olivia said nothing else as they walked out of the door and caught the bus, since their Dad was evidently not going to be giving them a ride. "Hey, don't forget these." Henry said and Olivia raised a eyebrow, before he pulled a very, very familiar set of battered headphones of familiar as he held them out to Olivia.

"Thanks Hen, I thought that I had them." Olivia murmured and she took the headphones, swiftly plugging the end into her phone and putting them on over her ears. Henry looked at her with a smile, noting how much more comfortable she looked with them on.

"No matter how much we fight, I'll still love her to pieces."

Olivia heard the thought and it warmed her to the core as she walked into the school and immediately found herself being cornered by Cindy.

"What do you want?" Olivia mumbled, and Cindy grabbed her headphones right off of her head and right as the bell went off, as Olivia was quick to clamp her hands over her ears.

"Little bitch."

"She's nothing, what the hell is she even doing here?"

A million thoughts were tearing through Olivia's skull, pounding on the inside of her head like a bunch of little drummer boys until she heard it.

"What the hell? Is that Cindy?"

"Hey! Leave my sister alone and give her, those back." Henry was suddenly right there and he grabbed the headphones from Cindy, who looked insulted and he handed them over to Olivia who didn't care about the music and she just slammed them on over her ears, as with the headphones going on, the thoughts dwindled away at once.

"Just, leave her alone Cindy." Henry snapped sharply at her, Cindy who was huffing as she swiftly walked away as Henry turned to Olivia.

"Hey, Livvy, can you hear me in there?" Olivia nodded. "Come here Liv." Henry moved his arms around her and Olivia accepted the hug, as he was willing to give it and nobody said anything about it, clearly not wanting to get on the wrong side of the guy, as it were who could beat the crap out of people easily if he wanted to.

Or at least, it would indeed appear to be that way. "Thank, you." Olivia said shakily and Henry nodded. "Thanks."

"You sure that you're okay now?" At the nod, Henry picks up his backpack again. "I have to get to practice, but..."

"Go." Olivia murmured and Henry smiled at her, before he mused up her hair and she playfully smacked at his hand as he was walking away from her quickly to join his jock buddies.