XIX

jyadia pov!

coincidentally my birthday was on college acceptance day, so i'd have to check what colleges i got into. im nervous for this but its whatever ive prepared myself for this day.

i walked to my laptop and facetimed dessa and jules. we planned to open ours together. we applied to a lot of the same colleges so im hoping we got into a lot of the same ones.

"yall open the one for harvard first" dessa said.

opened. skimmed through roughly and saw the denied words written at the bottom. cool harvard wasnt my main goal.

"denied" we all said at the same time laughing and moving on.

"okay do FAMU" jules said.

opened. skimmed. accepted.

i started jumping and punching the air and i heard dessa and jules doing the same.

"FAMU HERE WE COME" i yelled excitedly and now i actually wanted to do something for my birthday. we opened up a couple more and seen various mixed responses but we were content with the ones we got into. we talked some more before i went to get into the shower. kenedy was supposed to take me out later.

"happy 18th baby!" i heard my mom and dad say before bringing in some pancakes with sprinkles and whipped cream.

"thank you so much" i said trying not to cry. id never thought to see this day. it was all so special to me.

"your welcome baby you deserve the whole world everything and anything" my dad said kissing my forehead and lighting the candles.

"blow them out" my mom said clapping her hands getting excited.

i blew my candles out as my dad stuffed my face in the pancakes. he was so silly for that.

"i love you guys so much" i said again all happy before i finally got into the shower. im really excited for today because i was looking forward to seeing kenedy. once i got out the shower i checked my phone and got my birthday text.

"happy birthday my love im coming to pick you up later around 10" i said reading the text out loud. i was so happy about the college acceptations and that i was going to be spending the day with my lovebug.

i was still at my desk doing some online shopping for my new wardrobe. the hbcu girlies be eating everybody up with the skims, telfars and tote bags and i was going to be one of them. i got a couple things and went to shein for the rest. $678.65 was my total for everything i bought. surprisingly it was cheaper than i thought.

when i finished that up i went downstairs and saw reign with my parents. she got up and gave me a big, long hug. she pulled back and kissed my forehead before hugging me again.

"oh my gosh your finally 18 i never thought i'd live to see it" she said looking at me in amazement. we shared so much of the same features it was like looking into a mirror.

"yes, yes i am reign thank you so much" i said grabbing the rest of my breakfast. pops cooked again this morning.

"what do you plan on doing today jya?" my mama asked me.

"well nothing for the morning and later ill be out with kenedy she planned a suprise" i said in between bites of pancakes eggs and sausages.

"whos kenedy?" reign asked me. i never had that talk with her, the 'im gay' talk i didnt find it necessary because her opinion wouldnt change anything.

"her lil girlfriend" my dad answered nudging my shoulders.

"dad we arent even official yet but basically" i said laughing.