𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑

When Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen gave birth to her first child, the realm was absolutely delighted

When Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen gave birth to her first child, the realm was absolutely delighted. The people were happy to see that the throne would have an heir after the silver-haired beauty, and a way to secure the line to the throne.

Princess Daena Velaryon was born on the coldest night of the moon in 109 AC, exactly one year after the birth of Rhaenyra's brother, Aegon Targaryen, and half a year after Princess Heleana Targaryen. The father of Daena was told to be Ser Laenor Velaryon, who Rhaenyra was only engaged to at the time, creating quite a scandal. And while the realm was suspicious about the legitimacy of the baby, the King assured the father to be Rhaenyra's soon-to-be husband, laughing that they had just had a bit of fun before the wedding.

The rumors started when Daena was four, just old enough for her features to shine through. Her blonde hair was a few shades darker than the usual Targaryen silver, her eyes a darker violet, and most of all, her temper matched a certain commander of the City Watch all too well.

She grew to hear whispers of how her nature was similiar to the strongest man in all of Westeros, and how her reckless personality only proved it furthermore. Even if it wasn't as obvious as it was with her brothers, everyone knew. Then one day, it was confirmed. Her entire life had been a lie.

Even still, Daena did not let those rumors ruin her family. She kept up the act, playing the part of ser Laenor Velaryon's legitimate daughter, smiling up at him and calling him kepa in public, while talking and laughing with Ser Harwin Strong during the evenings in shadows.

As years passed, Daena began to like messing with people's heads. Her small and petite size as a child allowed her to go wherever she pleased, and her innocent looks allowed her to easily lie her way out of trouble— which after some time became easy as breathing. Her favourite escapade was the time she cut off her uncle Aegon's hair while he was sleeping. The boy's hair went to his shoulders in uneven waves. She woke up smiling to the sound of Alicent's screams of distress. Aegon swore to his parents that it was Daena, but because of his drinking habits and Daena's flawless lies, they did not believe him. Instead they blamed him to cut his hair in his drunken state, which only provided them an afternoon with a whiny Aegon.

Whether it was messing with someone for fun or to be cruel, Daena adored it. She loved playing with people, the thrill, but most importantly she loved the power she felt.

She'd loved it when she had gotten Jace to hit Aegon without actually insuating it, and in the end had gotten no blame, as Jace didn't even consider her to be apart of it. All she had to do was gossip with him about how Aegon was such a cunt, how he had no respect for others and how she would love to see the boy het punched in the face some day. A few days later all it took was a small argument in the courtyard, and her older uncle had recieved a black eye. Daena had grinned in victory over how easy her brother was to manipulate. She did feel slightly bad for her uncle afterwards, for he had always been exceptionally kind to her, and they had always been close because of their small age difference.