[ 07 ] no goodbyes

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

*ੈ⸝⸝⚔️˗ˏˋ CHAPTER SEVEN ࿐ྂ

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❝ you are being unfair, ❞┊˚͙۪۪̥◌

━━━━━━━━━━━ DAENA AWOKE TO THE SOUND OF WAVES CRASHING, and her eyes opened along with a grunt of displeasure from her mouth. She blinked slowly, the room coming to a focus. It was dark and the room smelled damp, which made her scowl in distaste. Where was she? She couldn't be in the infimary, for she knew that place better than anyone, and it certainly was not this room.

She slowly sat up on the bed, and she looked around. What happened? Where was Aemond? Daena gently touched her head and felt her wound, which had been stitched together. She took a shaky breath, and left the room she was in. She hoped that the Maester who had stitched her head was not the same one Aemond had had. An ugly scar like that on her head and she'd lose the will to live.

As the hallway swun from side to side, Daena assumed that she was on a ship. Were they on the way home? She walked on the wooden eisles of the ship, which smelled strongly of shrimp and wine, and started looking for someone. Perhaps her mother, but then she hesitated. Daena was still bitter about the fact that her mother had removed her from the line of succession without asking her first. She was four-and-ten for crying out loud. It should be her choice whether or not she wanted to be the Queen one day.

Daena's thought process was cut off as she made it outside, and to her confusion, her eyes settled on the castle of Dragonstone, still many miles away. Her heart dropped, and she scolded herself for thinking the worst. She inhaled the crisp air that came from the sea, and took a look around the deck. She spotted no one.

With a disappointed sigh, she headed back inside, desperate enough to talk to anyone that crossed her path. Even her mother.

She walked along the hallways, cursing herself for not making a mental map earlier, since she had no idea where she was walking to.

Daena stopped when she heard a small crash from a room not far from her, and then her face softened as she heard the small 'ouch' of her younger brother.

She went over and knocked on his door, trying to stay still from nerves. Luke's face broke into a grin as he opened the door to see his sister, and he excitedly invited her in.

"You're awake!" He jumped up to hug her, clinging to her light pink tunic tightly.

Daena smiled and put her face in his curly hair. "Of course, brother, you needn't worry. You wouldn't happen to know why we are headed to Dragonstone, would you?"

She felt Luke freeze in her hold, and her brows furrowed in confusion and anxiety. She pulled away from him just enough to turn his head her way. "Luke?" she asked softly.