My First Love, Mark

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Eloise POV

What was he thinking screaming at the photographer like that? If he does not want to have his precious photos posted for free, he could have answered politely. Or was he afraid of being seen with me? Was that it? I don't think I can trust Taishi anymore. He holds back a lot of things. I know we are still technically strangers to one another but he should stop being this nice to me if he does not want me to develop any feelings! He invited me to hang out later but I pretended I am gonna be busy.

I skipped lunch and tried to sleep all afternoon. To my luck, Taishi acting all weird earlier was all I could think of. It reminded me of how Mark acted all nice and sweet toward me whenever we are alone back in High School but technically kept 'us' a secret. He even pushed some of his friends to court me despite having nightly Skype sessions with him. I hated being treated this way. But most of all, I hate how I always trust liars!

It is now 8 p.m., I felt hungry and so I ordered an in-room dinner. I went to sleep after that. I am a vivid dreamer so that means most of my dreams are intense and feel like real-life memory. The most important thing about it, I could control them and I could 100% recall them after walking up.

This time, in my dream I am with Mark...

It has been three years since Mark and his family moved from Washington DC to Los Angeles... He has been keeping his promise of talking to me every day for the past three years. Now, Mark is here in DC for his summer vacation. He mostly hangs out at my cousin's place, a few blocks from our house. We are out tonight with his cousin. I don't know why he brought his cousin because I barely knew him. He is going back to Los Angeles in two days and here he is begging me to see him off at the airport while teasing his cousin to court me a few minutes earlier.

Fast forward..the scene is inside his cousin's car...

He leans his head on my shoulders. I froze. He asked if he could sleep at our house tonight. In contrast to what happened in real life, I said yes. We spent the night together.

"You know I have always liked being with you", he said

"Me too," I replied

I woke up.

I woke up at my phone ringing. I answered the phone mindlessly, it was Taishi.

"Moshimoshi, Eloise-chan are you all right now? I was scared something bad happened to you when you called me earlier."

I could not recall any calls made between us.

"eeto...uhh...Taishi-kun I need you right now."

I hang up and lost consciousness.

I was startled by a loud banging on my door

"Eloise-chan..Eloise-chan.." It's Taishi

The loud banging continues and I tried hard to walk toward the door and open it.

I saw a concerned Taishi with a male resort staff.

I regained my consciousness with an asleep Taishi beside me. Judging by the towel he was holding and the water basin beside him, he was nursing me this whole time. After, a few minutes, Taishi woke up.

"Taicho wa yoku narimashitaka?"

"Hai"

"I was so scared earlier; I am glad you answered my call. Your fever was so high we contemplated on sending you to the hospital. It's a good thing, it went down instantly. You should have told me you were not feeling better yesterday. I'm sorry for making you hike yesterday."

Taishi looked so down as words came rushing out of his mouth.

"It was not that, I discussed a lot of stuff with my staff yesterday about my Foundation and so I was so exhausted. Thank you for coming and helping me...I am thankful."

Taishi just smiled, he got up and patted my head.

"I'll stay with you for the rest of the day if it's alright with you."

"Will it be okay? I swear I am feeling so much better! Besides, the staff here does every request perfectly. There is no need for you to nurse me."

"But I want to and I won't be able to do anything anyways thinking you are all alone here."

"If that's the case then okay. Thank you Taishi-kun"

"By the way, Taishi-Kun, those orchids..."

"I got them for you earlier."

"They are beautiful."

I don't know if spending time with Taishi like this, so intimate, is healthy for me. I think I am falling for this guy. 'He acted so sketchy yesterday, remember?!?' I can hear the voice in my head judging me. Also, with everything that happened, I don't think he needs an unhealthy girl like me. I cannot bring up to Taishi why I am like this. After this trip, we might not talk to each other again, anyways. So, what's the point of opening up?

"eeto...Eloise-chan, I have something to say."

"ehh?!? What is it Taishi-kun?"

"About my job..."

With that, my phone started ringing, it was my nephew, Levi.

"Auntie Yoyo!! Auntie Yoyo!!"

"My baby Levi!! How are you? How's Disneyland?"

"It's so fun, auntie but I miss you! Will you follow us here?"

We continued talking for a few more minutes. When I hang up, I asked Taishi what he was about to say earlier.

"Uhhh...nothing, never mind", he said.

'See?!? A sketchy guy!!!' I thought to myself.

Taishi stayed for the night. It's a good thing private villas here are very huge. It lessens the tension I feel with an attractive guy staying in the same room with me. I changed clothes and freshen up. We put on a movie and watched until we fell asleep.