Story III : trick or treat - Pt1.

~ Elmax story ~

Before you read: In this story the boys and Max don't know Eleven yet. The whole upside down thing with Will isn't a thing here. Eleven lives with Hopper to stay hidden from the bad men. Hopper doesn't let El outside, but El wants nothing more then to explore and also go out on Halloween. Hopper had a late shift so he would be home late today, so El was left all alone in the Cabin.

~ Max POV ~

It was the best day of the year today. At least for me it is. Halloween. Where you get to dress up as something scary and get to scare people without getting in trouble for it and even get free candy in return. It's honestly the best. Since I am new in Hawkins I didn't really have any friends yet, well except those stalkers who stalked me earlier today at school. They asked me to go trick or treating with them. I was very cryptic in my answer, but I was planning on going. My home is a shithole anyway and I just wanted to be out of that house and have fun for once. My mom kind of told me I couldn't go, but I snuck out in my Michael Myers costume anyways. I was very proud of this costume, I had the mask and a fake knife and everything! it was perfect.

I made my way over to the meeting place the boys told me to meet them at. I saw them walking around in their ghostbusters costume. They looked cute all together like that. But I was going to scare them, big time. I pull the mask over my face as I got my fake knife ready in my hand. I ran up to them, holding my fake knife out as I growl to scare them. They all screamed as they took a few steps back. I pull up my mask as I burst out laughing. "Oh my god, you should have seen your faces! And was that you who was screaming like a girl stalker?" I laugh as I look at Lucas. Lucas looked a bit embarrassed as they all nervously laugh. "That wasn't funny!" Mike groans as he looks at me with a frown. "Well I thought it was hilarious." I chuckle. "Whatever, let's go trick or treating before all the good candy is gone." Mike explains as he walks up front with Will. "Hey Max, I am glad you came." Dustin smiles sweetly as Lucas quickly joins him. "Yes, me too. Very happy." He smiles. I chuckle softly as I look at them both. They both look way to desperate. It was kind of flattering. "Yeah, it'll be fun." I simply say as I walk to the first house with them. It was still pretty early so it wasn't even dark yet.

After we had done a few houses, we already got some full sized candy bars, some candies and mostly nougat. Dustin was way to happy about the nougat. "Come on should we do something scary? Going around houses begging for candy is so boring anyway without some action." I suggest with a smirk. Mike rolls his eyes as he looks at me. "And what were you thinking?" Dustin asks me with a intrigued look. "Why don't we go into the forest?" I suggest as I raise my eyebrows. "And what is so fun about a dark forest with nothing in it?" Mike asks as he shook his head. "Scared are you? I heard that there was a abandoned cabin in the middle of the woods. Why won't we check it out? If you're not too scared that is." I shrug as I look at the boys. The boys looked doubtful at each other as I sigh. "Guess I will be going alone then." I shrug as I turn around and walk toward the forest. "No wait! We'll come with you!" Lucas yells as he and Dustin ran after me. "Me and Will are going to stay here and get more candy while you guys waste your time!" Mike shouts as he and Will walk the other way. I chuckle softly as I knew they were just too scared and Mike didn't really like me, so every chance he got to get rid of me, he took it.

I made my way through the forest with Lucas and Dustin on my side. They tried way to hard for me to like them, since they kept nervously giving me compliments and talking about how good my costume was and things like that. I found it quite funny actually, but I wasn't at all interested in them in that way. When we got deeper inside the forest it began to get slightly dark outside. Luckily these nerds always had their flashlights on them. When I was staring in the distance I saw small lights coming from between the trees. "Guys look, is that the cabin? If so- It's not abandoned at all." I point out as there was coming light out of the cabin, like someone had light on inside. We walked up to the cabin as we try to be sneaky and not be seen by whoever or whatever was inside the cabin.