Chapter 2 : What is happening!!

Yuta was filming a movie in Korea so he was staying at a hotel near the production building for better access. They were filming a war related scene, he was one of the soldiers. To be cast as that meant he would often get dirty, and learned a thing or two on how to act, he understood a lot more, not enough though. He thought it was nice to experience something new like this, especially if it involved the real world and it gave him more knowledge without actually being involved in it.

Makeup team! Yuta has arrived, get to it please!

Yuta placed his bag aside, before plopping himself in the chair. Traveling was extremely tiring, so was acting in general for long months without being able to be with family. His family remained back in Japan, where they still thoroughly supported him by sending him gifts, video-chatting him when he had the time, and associating with them everyday. It was a true bliss not everyone could have to own a supportive family, which is why was was internally and externally grateful for them. As the lady smeared mud on his cheek, then wiping it off to make it appear seem dry, his phone began to ring.

Give me a moment.

Yuta apologized and walked to the corner of the room to answer the call, it was his mother.

Hello?

Son, have you seen the news? Are you safe? I’ve heard it began in Korea.

What has? What are you speaking about?

Yuta, son, remain indoors. There is something going around, a virus, apparently it started where you are, in Korea, but has been seen here in Japan also. I’ve seen it. Folks have been eating each other! It sounds fake, but people have been evacuating their houses and leaving.

Then there was a scream. Yuta turned around, walking from the makeup corner to the set where one of the actors was acting strange.

What was that?

Mom..

The actor tackled another person part of the cast, scratching at his chest until he ripped through the fabric and the skin. They screamed as they were torn apart, their insides being ripped out of his chest and eaten intensely.

It’s here.

Yuta hurriedly directed the girls and the cast outside to escape, while the thing continued to eat. He locked other doors that people could possibly come through and boarded it up, but when he turned around after moving a chair, it was a few steps away from him. He grabbed back onto the chair, waited a few seconds for it to come closer before lifting the chair and crashed it into its shoulder. He quickly left the building after before it could get back up, he noticed he was still on the call and held his phone to his ear.

Mom?

Son.. don’t blame your sister..

Yuta heard a gargling noise then the sound of his poor mother throwing up on the other side of the line.

What happened? Mom, what did she do?

Forgive her, please, she never meant to. She isn’t feeling well right now, she doesn’t know what she is doing. I’m sorry. I should have protected her, right?

Mom.. where is she?

Oh, she's here.. here with me.

Please, get away from her.

It’s too late son. But please remember this, if this continues to spread, don’t let your heart fill with hatred. Continue to feed it with hope and optimism like you always do, you have made me so proud from how you grew up to be such a wonderful man. When you survive, marry a kind woman. Or a kind man. I hope he or she.. makes you happy.. just as you make me so so happy.