Chapter 14 : The Journey

What if he wakes up and kills us?

He won’t. There is a chance that part of the real cure actually prevented it.

Fine. If he wakes up as a Lurker, I’m throwing you at him. No joke.

Well, Mark, Jeno might be right. You said he wasn’t really hostile right?

His left eye is almost white!

I mean, it could be seen as attractive can’t it?

Donghyuck saw the redness in his eyelids due to the sun shining on his face, he turned his head to avoid it and tried to open his eyes. Once he did, he blinked a few times before he realized he was staring at a knee. Then he looked up to see Renjun.

Renjun?

Renjun yelled and accidentally jammed the end of his axe into his face, causing him to groan and turn his body the other way. He felt his eyes leak with tears from the impact, holding his face with both hands.

Renjun!! You idiot!

I didn’t mean to!

Jeno, calm down.

He’s crying! Goddamnit.. Hyuck, let me see.

Jeno managed to pry his hands off his face, but Donghyuck continued to sob from the pain. The air invading his open wound on his shoulder, his aching chest, and now his face. Jeno shushed him soothingly, pulling him closer until he was leaning against his chest. Mark and Renjun were worried something would spark in him, but decided not to say anything.

It hurts.. hurts so much.

Donghyuck cried, Jeno studied his face and sighed, then gently pressed his thumbs down onto both cheeks and Donghyuck immediately smacked his hands away. He guessed that was where bruises would form. Renjun hit him too hard.

I’m sorry..

Jeno wiped his tears before they could slip from his eye, it stung but Donghyuck let him. He let himself calm down, occasional hiccups leaving him from crying so hard just now and shaking his whole body.

Where’s Johnny? Jaehyun and Jisung?

Donghyuck whispered and Jeno replied with the same volume.

We found another truck considering it would be too crowded, they are following us very closely I can see them. They’re fine though, all three of them. Jaemin and Doyoung hyung are with them too.

He didn’t give him a response until he asked another question.

Are we going to the border?

Yes. It has been a few hours, we have gas back here so we won’t run out, neither will Johnny hyung. We will be fine very soon, like you said, we will be safe. I have so much to tell you, but when you’re taken care of we can talk.

Okay.”