2 |the plans are made| 2

Remus hurried off, forgetting about his previous want to study and needing to tell the others of his new plan. I was simple, Andromeda would tell Regulus to meet up, then make sure he brought Achilles to the boys. Once they had the two cornered, they would threaten to tell everyone of their little romance if they didn't agree to keep their mouths shut. It was foolproof! Especially considering the fact both boys cared so much about their reputations. Remus grinned, the gears whirring around as he thought up another one of the boys' master schemes.

"I know that look." A light chuckle filled the quiet halls as her stunning red hair flowed behind her. "You scheming up another one of your infamous plans?" It wasn't quite a question, she already knew the answer. Remus' smile grew, his plan was practically pushing its way outside of his mouth. So he grabbed her hand and yanked her towards the common room, he had a strong feeling that's where the others were. Lily continued her light laughing as he pushed her around and into the common room. Remus' speculations were right as there on the couch were his closest friends. Andromeda was also sitting there with Mary sprawled across her lap, she had probably "snuck" her in.

"New plan you guys!" Lily shouted, snatching the attention of at least half the people there. Those who weren't a part of their group quickly lost interest, they were used to hearing the elaborate plans by now. The boys, Andromeda, and Mary, on the other hand, had their full attention on the two who had just walked in. James and Sirius adorned matching grins as the yanked a table to the couch. "Spill it Moony!" Peter shouted, his cheeks flushed with excitement.

"James was right, Regulus and Achilles most definitely have a thing going on! At the very least they have feelings for each other." Sirius' eyes shot open, his face covered in shock. "No fucking way." Mary chuckled, her head still in Andromeda's lap. "Way! I'm not lying, they were totally ogling each other in the library."

Mary and Andromeda laughed, there was no way in hell Regulus was straight and they knew it. "Three galleons Penny, we called it." Lily groaned slightly as she made three gold count appear for each of the two girls. "You bet on this?" Sirius was still in shock, the three girls' bets not helping. "C'mon Sirius, there was no way Regulus would have been straight, besides we have to have our own fun while you're off pulling pranks." James and Peter were both laughing as Remus' attention was slightly pulled away from his plan. "Wait. Does that mean you placed bets on us!?" Sirius was, he was, well he didn't know how he felt, but he was feeling something. "I don't know... but let's just say those six galleons were nothing compared to how much they lost to me." Lily smirked, her arms crossed as she stood proudly. "Bloody hell, she's hot." James mumbled, in awe at his crush of nearly 4 years. The girls all burst out laughing while Remus gathered everybody's attention.

"Okay, so we're all on the same page about Achilles finding out, right?" The group collectively nodded as Remus continued. "Regulus found out a while ago, but we already know he'll stay quiet. Achilles is the one we have to worry about, no one's going to believe Serverus." All attention remained on the tallest one there as the sun slowly hid behind the clouds. The rest of the students slowly made their way to their rooms, wanting to get a good rest for numerous test and lessons that awaited tomorrow. "Andromeda, Regulus trusts you, right?" He left no room for reply and immediately continued on. "You'll tell him to bring Achilles somewhere and say you have something to tell them. We'll all agree on a spot and James, Peter, Sirius and I will be waiting. Mary, you and Lily will make sure the two don't leave as soon as they realize we're there." Everyone nodded, now knowing their parts. The Marauders grinned, their love of pranks truly showing on nights like these. It was perfect like this, Remus was completely content. Nothing would ever tear his friends apart, and he was one hundred percent okay with that.

|

The sun soon rose, but not before Achilles had. His hair curled perfectly as he prepared his robes. The weekend was over and classes would begin in a few hours. There was no need to get up early, but Achilles needed to do one thing before the loud chattering began. He hustled to pull a lever, a corridor that led outside opened as he shifted into a sandy blond animal. His large ears flickered back and forth as he treaded along the hall. Once the cool air hit his fur, he sighed before taking off into a sprint. This was nice. This was what he needed.

As he walked back into his dorm, a few others were already awake and dressed. He nodded at the few he knew and continued towards his robes. Once they were on he sat and waited in the dim common room. There wasn't anything too interesting, the view into the depths of the black lake was the most captivating, especially when a first year claimed they saw one of the horrifying mermaids that lurk there. Achilles had never seen one but he wasn't ever interested, so he didn't really care. Although, it would be nice to tell his father that he had seen one, maybe he would even give him a bit of praise, but it wasn't likely.

"You have potions first, right?" He asked after seeing his friend. Regulus nodded, slightly puzzled by the random question, Achilles wasn't one for small talk. "Take me with you, Headmaster Dumbledoor said I'm to help the teacher." Regulus nodded again, grabbing a few books and leading the way.

The two walked in silence, hugely contrasting with the constant babble from the other students. How they could be so chipper in the morning? The boys didn't know. But they payed no mind, even when they passed the boisterous laughter from the four infamous Giffindoors, although only two were actually laughing. It was the dark skinned Potter boy and his pudgy friend. His tan seemed to have gone away slightly as the cooler months were approaching. Regulus took note of that, despite his head telling him to completely ignore the boys.

"You're thinking of him." Achilles was very short and blunt, disrupting Regulus' thoughts. "It's not going to happen, he's been smitten for that redhead for years now." Regulus knew that, but something just kept drawing him back to the Griffindoor. They didn't say anything else, even when the potions teacher gave a small stack of papers to Achilles. The young Black made his way towards the front corner, where he always sat. Achilles followed suit but turned towards the professor's desk in front of Regulus.

The two sat, Regulus going over something in his books while Achilles flipped through the papers. Other students quickly filed their way in. Near the back, with a small posey of students surrounding him, was Sirius. Regulus tensed when he heard him, but otherwise made no recognition of his presence. The older Black glanced towards his brother, face souring for a split second before he turned back to the other students.

The class itself was small, filled with mostly third and fourth year students and a few second years here and there. Sirius made it quite clear that he was avoiding Regulus, as he made sure to take the furthest seat away from his brother. Achilles saw the slight tightening of muscles in both boys before they went back to their previous doings. Achilles continued to pay no mind, he knew what Sirius did and wanted nothing to do with that. Although, it was inevitable, considering his closest companion was a Black boy. How troublesome.

Soon, the professor walked out of a closet, mountains of herbs gathered in his arms. He sat them down on the desk where Achilles sat and whispered, "Sort these out for me, we're making Essence of Insanity." The blond boy nodded, hands expertly sorting the herbs. "Good morning everyone, today we're going to have a test on Essence of Insanity. Achilles, here, will be judging your works based off what he sees and how you make the potion." Everyone was silent, not knowing when to start. "Well. Get moving." With that, each student burst out of their chairs, hustling to grab the herbs on Achilles desk. Most students grabbed the ingredients decently correct, most would end up with the right potion. So, Achilles sat with his back against the chair until everyone had finished.

This was going to be a long day.