5.

CHAPTER FIVE

"Baby girl, you should just let me help you. Your grandmother told me all about how you work those three jobs to spend the money on everything but yourself. Let me do this for you, please."

✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼

After making sure Marta was resting peacefully, I looked for the room my baby girl decided to use. I checked every room until I found her sleeping on the bed. She looked beautiful, it was nice to see her so relaxed. I walked in the room quietly, before laying down next to her. I pulled her into my chest once I was under the comforter.

She moved around a little, before getting comfortable in my arms. I chuckled as I looked down at her stuffing her face in my chest with her arms hugging me tightly. She doesn't deserve all the trouble she goes through. Her only worry should be about is following her dreams. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves for putting so much responsibility on young girl.

"What are you thinking about? You look upset, my love." She whispered.

"I would just thinking about something, it's nothing important." I reassured. It was important, but I wasn't going to tell her that her parents are a piece of shit. Besides, I'm going to help her in every way I can by showing her that she's isn't in this by herself and that I always got her back.

"Are you sure?" She rubbed my cheek with her hand.

"Yes, I'm sure." I closed my eyes, pulled her closer to me.

"Are you tired?" She giggled. I grinned and nodded slightly.

"Then I'll leave you alone for now." She kissed my cheek, snuggling back into my chest.

We probably spent another hour like this. Just laying in each other's arms with the silence surrounding us. I enjoyed myself, knowing that I wished to have this exact moment, months ago.

"Baby girl?" I looked down at her

"Yes?" She answered, removing her head away from my chest.

"I really missed you." I moved some of her hair out of her face.

"I missed you, too. More than you'll ever know." She wrapped her arms around me even tighter.

"Wait, where is my Nana?" She looked around the room, almost frantically. Her arms quickly dropped from around me.

"She is sleeping in the room across the hall. She took her medicine before going to bed. You have nothing to worry about, she's okay." I pulled her back down to lay next to me.