The red beneath.

the red beneath.
chapter one

The brunet sighed, resting his head on the desk in front of him.
I swear, paperwork is the worst thing created, he thought to himself.

Dazai frowned, looking up at the clock above the front door of the Armed Detective Agency. 12:30 pm, huh? He sighed once again in annoyance, wanting to go home as soon as he could.

Kunikida walked up to him in his usual attire and attitude. "Dazai," He spoke the other man’s name in a serious tone. Dazai looked up, giving him half of his attention. "What's up, buddyy?" He said jokingly, a grin on his face. Kunikida rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed. He then laid a paper with a name on it on Dazai’s desk.

"Listen, the port mafia needs you, and their executive, Nakahara Chuuya along with some man named Fyodor to team up for a case. Do you accept this mission?" He asked, clearly not expecting an answer other than ‘yes.’

Dazai rolled his eyes before answering, "Yeah whatever, I'll take it.”

Kunikida gave a stiff smile as he replied, "Great, you have 10 minutes." He said as he strolled away.

The tired man sighed, looking at the paper report. Missing kid, huh? He thought to himself, already regretting his decision to accept. Dazai stood up from his desk chair and stretched out his body. As he began walking toward the agency door, he thought about the outcome.

This might turn out bloody.

10 minutes later

Looking forward, Dazai could barely see his old partner, Chuuya, in his normal attire of a long jacket, a hat, and black gloves. The taller man couldn't help but give a giddy smile. Dazai waved to him, signaling his presence. Chuuya’s head snapped towards him, rolling his eyes in clear annoyance.

Walking towards him, Dazai laughed, giving a cheerful smile. "Chibi!!" He said excitedly.

As always, Chuuya rolled his eyes. “Hello, mackerel.”

Our greeting was soon followed by a familiar scent. I looked toward the direction it came from to be approached by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

"Fyodor!!" I smiled.

He looked at Dazai, dressed in his usual attire. "Hello Dazai-san, port mafia guy." He rolled his eyes with his usual attitude.

Chuuya gave him a bit of a death stare "Names Chuuya, asshole."

Fyodor didn't look too amused with his response.

Dazai interrupted their ‘greeting,’ trying to break the tension. "Well then, Let's find this missing kid!”

Edited by @cresslovesu