Chapter Three

Its been seven years since I got my lightsabers. Seven long years full of training and endless studying. Anakin and I are still rivals. He wouldn't be so bad if he weren't so arrogant, selfish, and competitive. He makes my blood boil. Luckily I hadn't seen much of him the last four years due to missions and off world assignments. Today I have my first mission without my master. In wake of the attempt on Senator Amidala's life I was to be her personal bodyguard until the threat is eliminated. Her and I have become quite good friends these past few years. As I made my way to her apartment building I picked up on an all too familiar presence. I made my way into the building and into the elevator the force signature growing stronger the higher the elevator climbed. My heart thrummed in my chest when I heard the elevator ding and felt the doors open.

"I shall ignore him for now" I thought to myself.

As I exited the elevator I felt everyone's eyes on me Including Anakin's. I felt a shift in the force as I sense his heart rate increase.

"Padmé, it's so good to see you!" I gushed rushing over to her and enveloping her in a hug. "Im so glad you're ok".

Padmé hugged me back even tighter her excitement at my arrival becoming infectious for I too became excited.

"Anala! Oh, I've missed you" she exclaimed a beautiful smile plastered on her face.

As we pulled away from the hug I smiled at her and turned to Master Obi Wan.

"Hello Master Obi Wan, it's good to see you again!" I beamed at him.

He smiled a pleasant smile back at me.

"Hello Anala, its good to see you too. Is your master not joining us?" Obi Wan chuckled.

I laughed in response and smirked proudly. "Actually I was assigned this mission by myself" I shot Anakin a knowing look.

I could feel the dissatisfaction radiating off of Anakin like a burning sun.

"The council must think I'm the best of our rank to assign me a mission on my own" I continued on, each word geared directly at Anakin. "I'm sure soon enough I'll even be knighted" I smiled toying with my padawan braid.

"We know they wouldn't give a blind girl the rank of Jedi Knight." Anakin scoffed. "Not before me anyway" he finished with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh yeah Skyguy? That's why my master isn't here and your's is?" I smirked my white eyes shifting to Anakin.

"Now now children now's not the time to be bickering" Obi Wan piped in his usual snark shining through.

I threw my hands up in feigned surrender. Padmé sat on the couch amused with the exchange.

Captain Typho began to speak. "Im grateful you all are here, the situation is more dangerous than the senator is willing to admit" he said disapprovingly.

"I don't need security, I need answers. I want to know whose trying to kill me". Padmé said getting straight to the point.

"We will find who is trying to kill you" Anakin said without a moments hesitation.

"That would be overstepping our mandate Skyguy" I scoffed speaking before Obi Wan could get a word out. Anakin rolled his eyes.

"She's right Anakin, we will do exactly as told by the council" Obi Wan stated further strengthening my point.

Padmé got up off the couch to retire to her chambers. I walked to the window wishing I could see the bustling city for myself.

"There's more than enough men downstairs" Obi Wan stated. "What's going on?" He asked looking at the tablet in his hands.