Chapter Eight

I closed my eyes feeling the wind wiping against my face. For the first time I've felt like I've found my purpose in this complex universe. I never quite believed the prophecy about Anakin and I to be true due to the fact I couldn't stand him, but I believe now in some way it is. Anakin isn't so bad, he's just got a lot of emotions that he's not afraid to let be heard. Granted he is still a cocky prick but its kind of grown on me. I believe my purpose is to steer Anakin in the right direction, to help the scared boy from Tatooine to fulfill his true potential. My calling is to do everything in my power to keep Anakin safe and in the light, that is what I've realized today. Fate is a funny thing, cruel at times even. Its strange knowing you were only put in this galaxy at a certain time to fulfill a certain task when the time comes. When that time is.. I'm not so sure but something in my very soul hopes that I can be by Anakin's side until my last breath.

I was snapped back to reality by a voice I've grown to be fond of.

"We're here" Anakin said getting off of the speeder and grabbing his mom.

I nodded, hopping off the speeder my brown cloak billowing in the wind. As I made my way inside I heard sighs of relief as they saw Shmi uninjured and sleeping due to exhaustion. A yawn rippled through me my own exhaustion hitting me like speeder.

"You brought her home safely..." Cliegg smiled tears brimming his eyes, "we are forever in debt to you both".

"Oh no, don't worry about that" I shook my head vigorously, "it's the least I could do".

"Stay here as long as you'd like" Owen said shaking my hand and I smiled weakly.

Anakin could sense my fatigue and placed a hand on the small of my back, in turn making tingles shoot up my spine. The feeling confused me more and more the more it started happening. I couldn't quite place what it was just yet. Maybe I was naive, maybe in denial of what it truly was. Whatever it was made my heart feel lighter and my worries seem further away.

"Do you have spare rooms for us to sleep in tonight?" Anakin asked glancing at Padmé who in turn chuckled at his chivalry.

"We only have two extra rooms" Owen said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ah, I see. I'll sleep on the couch you two ladies can have the rooms" Anakin said dread peeking through his tone, "let me help you to your room Nala, you seem exhausted".

I was too tired to fight him on it right now so I let him guide me to my room. When we entered the room he guided me to the bed helping me remove my cloak and outer robes. I stood there in my oversized under tunic and rubbed my eyes with a long yawn.
Anakin chuckled at my antics as I climbed into bed. I took my low buns out allowing my long wavey locks to cascade down my back. A blush arose on Anakin's cheeks as he allowed his thoughts to race. If I were in a more coherent state I would have been able to sense his racing heart in that moment. Before long Anakin turned to leave but I stopped him before he could go by grabbing onto his robes.

"Stay.." I mumbled my eyes shut, "you dont have to sleep on the couch, there's plenty of room here" .

Anakin's face felt like it was on fire as he nodded and took his cloak off and set it to the side followed by his outer robes and his tunic. Anakin was left shirtless when he climbed in next to me, his body radiating more heat than Mustafar itself. In my drowsy state I sighed and rolled towards Anakin feeling at peace before I slipped into the land of dreams.

Anakin's POV

My heart hammered against my chest as I looked at the beautiful girl sleeping next to me. She looked like an angel, so at peace while she slept. I reached out and placed a hand on her cheek stroking it with my thumb. The freckles that littered her nose and cheeks stood out on her subtly tan skin. Her plump lips were a soft pink that contrasted with her skin tone nicely. She was a short girl who was slim yet had toned muscles. All I could think about in this moment was her smile, how I longed for her to smile at me and only me. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way about anyone or thinking these thoughts because its against the code, but I can't help it. She's just so incredible. Her beauty rivals the very stars in the sky, her smile sucks the air from my lungs like nothing else in this galaxy can, her laugh is like a symphony to my ears and I'm left wanting to hear more, and her eyes are like freshly fallen snow, like a blanket enveloping me and never letting me go. She's firey, fiercely stubborn, headstrong and she's the only one who can keep up with me In every aspect of this life. I wish for nothing more than to protect this girl at all costs, no matter what. No harm will come to this perfect angel as long as I'm alive, and so help the people that try. Slowly I felt sleep begin to pull me in as my eyes shut feeling content and at peace.