Episode 05

New Orleans

"So, it was almost like a coma," Marcel asked.

"More like taking the longest nap," Vincent said. "Klaus only had done it solely to get rid of his crazy-."

"Oh no, I'm not here to hear how grateful you are." Vincent turned to him. "We made a deal with the witches, they leave Rebekah alone in your dead wife's body and we get you back."

The warlock nodded. "Makes sense. So," he asked, "what have I missed?"

Just as he was about to respond, his phone vibrated in his pocket, a call from Rebekah. He just answered it without giving it a thought. "Hey."

"Nik is with the witch," she said, causing him roll his eyes.

"Straight to the point, huh."

"No time. He's busy feeding her as we speak."

He knitted his eyebrows. "What happened, is she sick again?" He was responded with silence. "Right," he said as he realised.

"Mikael is still on the loose," he heard her moving around, "he's not phased about it. It seems as though he's up to something, as always."

Marcel sighed as Vincent continued to glare at him. "What does Freya say about all this?"

"What can she say, probably pleased that her father will not perish at his hands again."

"Makes sense." He nodded. "Have you tried speaking to him, maybe send Elijah?"

"He's attempting to have a heart to heart with Hayley." He chuckled whilst covering his mouth for a moment. "Jackson is on an errant to find Mikeal, sent by yours truly."

He was taken aback. "Didn't know you had it in you, Bex."

"Nik!" She snapped, "Nik sent him."

He nodded. "Makes sense, but why did you call me?"

"Really, can't a girl call just to say hello?"

"We've been on the call for a while know and never had it from you."

Rebekah huffed. Even as though it was her voice, the accent and lack of manners did not leave much to guess who was inhabiting the body. "Nik is so invested in the witch that he's losing sight of what is happening. Neither of us know where Dahlia is hiding, not to mention Mikeal. The locator spell is not working, or perhaps, I'm not doing it right with Eve's magic."

"And you want me to find them since I've found Finn, slash Vincent." He and Vincent shared a look as the warlock gave him a quizzical one after hearing his name.

"Please, there's so much I can do in this body."

He frowned. "I'll see what I can do." He hung up.

~~~

The Compound

Rebekah moved around the study not knowing what else to do, then started taking comfort in the fact that Marcel was able to assist since her brothers were way in other women's asses.

She was about to check in Bonnie, not knowing that she had company. It took a lot for her to remember that she couldn't rely on her vampire senses. In that moment, she desperately wished she did.

Without knocking, she swiftly opened the door to Bonnie's room, hoping to find her resting and in peace. She found her resting and in peace alright.

For the first time since her arrival, the Bennett witch was sitting on the fleshly made bed without being covered in a blanket or in bed since she hadn't been well. Klaus' blood worked it's charm, their backs on the headboard since they tossed some pillows to the floor. What she saw, she knew that it wasn't only his blood that had worked its charm.