Episode 07

It was passed midday, a quarter of a day since Hayley vanished with Hope.

At least she had the audacity to leave a note, Klaus thought as he went over it for the hundredth time.

"Niklaus," he heard his brother call out to him. He turned to him, finding an annoyed expression glaring at him, then moving to the floor next to the waterfall in the foyer.

Aiden has been laying there for a while without his heart and scratches on his neck and face.

"Freya said she will make sure Mikael will not escape the dungeon if I promise not to kill him," Klaus said as he folded the paper and placed it in his back pocket.

Elijah sighed. "Niklaus, why is there a dead werewolf on our floor?"

"Well, if the werewolves want it back, Hayley must accompany them."

"I'm assuming you have known about her plans," Elijah muttered, "this will definitely convince her actions to turn around."

"If you happen to have any more ideas, brother I'm all ears," Klaus continued, ignoring his sarcasm, "may I advise you not to throw in your so called affections since they were not enough to prevent her from wedding another."

His last words echoed in the hallway after he walked away.

He halted his moves after approaching the door he had been frequenting for a while, hearing Bonnie with her mother.

The hybrid had been there for more than a moment not realizing that he became one's curiosity.

"What are you doing?"

He slightly flinched after hearing Stefan behind him. He then flexed his shoulders before turning to meet his questioning gaze.

"What do you want from Bonnie this time?"

Klaus tilted his head whilst knitting his eyes, placed his arms behind him and used one hand to lock itself with the other's wrist, them took a few steps before standing toe to toe with the doppelgänger.

"I'm a bit confused, lad for you make it seem as though I have her chained to my bed."

"Had you?" Stefan continued after the hybrid was taken aback, though was puzzled since the hybrid would have been thrilled by the accusation back in Mystic Falls. "I mean, why else would you be lacking towards her room? Scared that we'll be taking her back home?"

The twinkle in the hybrid's eyes that was accompanied by a grin made the doppelgänger's gut drop.

"If it so happens that Bonnie want's to go home, it won't be I who will prevent her, but I will forget such an idea, for Bonnie will rather die than set foot in that mud you call a town."
He placed his finger on his red lips to silence Stefan. "On the contrary, she might even send yours truly to set it ablaze."

Stefan frowned. "I know that Bonnie has been through a lot while away-."

The doppelgänger was slammed against the wall next to Bonnie's room.

"YOU KNOW NOTHING!" Klaus seethed as he had his hand tightly around Stefan's throat and the other clinching his heart in his chest.

~~~

He was so glad that Finn was no more. Don't get him wrong though, for he genetically loved his brother, but he was such an attention seeker and worse, a mama's boy.

At his fossil age, he thought as went up to his room.

At least Freya had delivered with rescuing Vincent's body, he chuckled as he tossed his jacket at the corner chair then went to the wet bar cabinet hidden for Hope's sake next to the bookshelf.