2

Thranduil waved his hand away elegantly, sending the guard to grab the Dwarf and haul him back to the cells. This was getting quite tedious if he was being honest, and he did not like tedious things. Furthermore, he knew that they were not telling him everything. Despite knowing that, he simply did not know what to make of these tales. It was all the same, none of them knew of that boy, well...except for that fatter dwarf, who seemed to shift slightly when he was being questioned. Clearly, he knew the boy, but even still, despite being whipped into submission, not a word of him passed through the damned creature's lips. It was annoying, and while the fatter dwarf's discomfort was not much, it was enough to allow Thranduil to know that they had, in fact, known of the boy before they entered the dungeons. For how long he did not know, but he knew well enough the Dwarven company was not going to say anything more on the subject. Even that Dwarven prince who costumed himself as king did not say a word. While Thranduil did not like the dwarves by any stretch of the means, their loyalty to each other and to shutting themselves up was rather commendable. He would commend it more if it did not get in the way of his obtaining the information he desired.

His face showed a slight frown as the last dwarf was taken away. He had questioned all of them, and yet still, there was nothing more than what he had already known in the first place. This was quite annoying to him, and he knew that more information, unfortunately, would have to wait until the boy was more forthcoming but given the extent of what Thranduil had seen from him...He doubted that he would. His son was good at many things and Thranduil normally trusted information gathering to him, as he was quite good at it, but given the nature of the boy...and what Thranduil had seen from him...He did not think his son's ability was able to quite reach that extent. Perhaps Legolas would manage to get some small tid bits of information, but barring what was already quite obvious, Thranduil was not entirely certain more would come forth. He already suspected that the boy had given them more information that he wanted them to know, rather than information that they found out despite the boy's desire not to let them know. The only time he panicked was with that marking on his arm. Thranduil had to admit, he was somewhat concerned with it. For a person to dare mark another in such a gruesome way, it did not bode well for anyone else. Not to mention, Thranduil had his own suspicions that it was far worse than just a simple brand.

Still, he was hoping that they could get something more, something ripped from either the dwarves, or the boy, or just something. While Thranduil was not fond of the picture that was being painted, he preferred any picture to be painted rather than no picture at all. It was obvious enough that the other came from some sort of...well off family, or a family of some origins of note, the mannerisms and speech patterns made that obvious. As for some of the other things though, it left Thranduil circling for a loop. Something clearly had happened, perhaps before, maybe after he had joined the Dwarven company, but it was certain that something had in fact happened, and while he was unsure which it was, he did not necessarily need to know. It was noticeably clear that something horrific had altered the boy's chemistry. He did not know where to even begin with how he was going to help him. One thing was certain: he held no love for the Dwarves, if anything, his animosity was refreshing.

He may not be entirely human, that was obvious enough, but not defending the Dwarves was something Thranduil would definitely get behind no matter whom it was-to an extent. He was not sure how much the boy knew of their rather tense alliance with the Dwarves, that had then been destroyed by their greed, but Thranduil knew that he was aware that the two groups did not get along. Legolas' information of what the boy had spat at Thorin Oakenshield was indications of that.

His joy at finding an ally in his hatred of dwarven scum aside, Thranduil did not know what further to do. He had questioned the Dwarves, who had remained steadfastly silent to his unending annoyance, and it was clear that a select few did not like the boy, including that Thorin Oakenshield, though Thranduil supposed that should be expected given how annoyed the Dwarf is with anything that does not go his way. It had been obvious enough from the moment that he had met with the dwarf-child, and the grudge that he would not sacrifice his people to win a pointless war is yet again something that shows Thranduil that the Dwarf is not yet ready to rule. It would destroy him, in many ways. Still, despite the obvious dislike some of the dwarves held for the boy, none of it was downright hostile (barring Thorin, but again the boy had questioned and challenged the dwarven idiot's capability and character before being brought to him).