into the new world

Her name was sung je-soon.  A normal 13 year old girl who couldn't wait to just grow up.  She didn't realize that she would have the time of her life until her 14th birthday which just so happened to land on a Saturday which just so happened to be the Saturday of the ITZY "Checkmate World Tour".  Je-soon was really excited to see her idols, she had amazing seats too.  All prepared with a light stick and a poster board to support her bias, Chaeryeong.  She made her way to the bathroom and some other Midzy were there singing the lyrics of ITZYs latest track, "Boys Like You."  She joined in and thirty seconds later, it was quiet. She was singing alone and suddenly she stopped,  wondering if she sounded bad.  Maybe she did,  she had never really practiced singing before so she was probably horrible at it.  She realized she even did Chaeryeong's high note and her cheeks were at this point very red. 

"I'm sor-"

But she never finished for the girls were applauding her.  Was she..good??! The answer to her question came in the best form possible.  A jyp scout with fair skin and deep red hair.

"Hello.  I am a talent scout positioned here by JYPe to. My name is So Ji-Ra, if you would give me yours as well as your phone number I will be sure you will get to meet ITZY yourself one day." 

"W-what ?! Are you sure I deserve this?" 

She could barely speak she was so amazed.  She didn't know what to do but then the same girls started cheering her on.

"Ok I'll do it! My name is Sung Je Soon, here's my number."

This was so ironic to her that it made her laugh when she remembers the exact way Ryujin got scouted.  She made her way back to the concert with her new friends happier than ever and sang her heart out the whole time loving the concert so much.  She was so happy because although it had always been just a distant dream that she knew would probably never happen,  Je-Soon really had always dreamed of idol life.  It sounded so great to be able to prove people wrong and show off your talent.  Not that she knew she had any until right now, but she was happy either way that the life she had always admired was now just in her reach.

412 words
27 October 2022