The Ghost Monument Part 3

The Doctor grabbed your arm and dragged you to where Ryan and Graham were.

"That's not an engine. It's more like a massive battery." You heard Ryan say. "What if it's solar?"

The Doctor let go of your arm and she placed her hands on her hips.

"Look at you boys, light years from home, figuring things out." The Doctor spoke and entered the inside of the ship. "Yep. Three suns in the sky, tri-solar engineering panels on the outside, powering that battery."

"Well, if it won't start, maybe the panels aren't lined up." Graham suggested.

"Or maybe they're not feeding the battery properly." Ryan spoke.

"Loving your work, boys. Let's take a look." The Doctor spoke and looked at you. "Get in here, Y/n. Nothing in here can hurt you."

"I don't know about that, you're in there." You spoke.

"Oi!"

You smiled and quickly stepped inside.

"Only joking."

"Good."

"Or am I?"

The Doctor hit your chest.

"Ow!"

A minute later the Doctor fixed the problem and then ran off.

"Leave me here then. No offence, I just hardly know you two. I mean, yeah sure we saved the world together, but still." You spoke and Graham looked at you understanding what you're saying.

"Are you gay?" Ryan asked.

"Ryan!" Graham quickly hushed him.

"Who just asks people that? Maybe I am maybe I'm not." There was a long pause "Okay, here's the truth. I'm-"

The Doctor came back and everyone got on the ship.

"Maybe next time." You spoke again and narrowed your eyes at Ryan.

|■|-•

It's been a couple of minutes, everyone was in the sitting area of the ship. The Doctor sat on a bench, along with Graham and the man, You sat in between the Doctors legs.

"Hey, Yaz, can you believe it? Alien planet, man!" Ryan spoke.

"I know." Yaz responded.

"This planet doesn't make any sense." The Doctor spoke looking at her sonic, which layed on your head. "No other life forms except us and the microbes in the water. No people, no animals, no insects, no nothing. But he talked about the old settlements. What happened here?"

"No-one cares." The man spoke.

"Don't take him personally. He treats everyone like this." The women spoke and the man scoffed.

"I don't need other people."

"We all need other people, mate." Graham spoke.

"We're all alone. That's how we start and end and it's the natural state of all points in between."

"We're you born that miserable, or did you have to work at it?"

"You know, when I was four, my mum told me to climb a tree. She made me climb until I was too scared to climb any higher. Then she told me to jump into her arms. "Don't worry," she said, "I'm your mum, I'm here for you, I'll catch you." So I jumped. And she moved put of the way."

"What?!"

"Sorry, did you say your mum did this to you?" Yaz spoke.

"I smashed into the ground. Broke this arm, shattered that ankle. And she stood over me and she said, "Now you've learned. You can never trust anyone in this life.""