Loki's Pain

"Thor!" Loki calls with fear as he walks into the dining room. Thor turns to his brother in confusion. "Brother, have you seen Vladislava? I can't find her!"

He shakes his head. "No, is she with Sif?"

"No. I've been searching for her too. She's late to our training. And after begging me for as long as she did, I wouldn't expect that." Sif says as she walks in with crossed arms.

"Vladislava's never late." Loki notes.

"Well, did she stay up late and sleep in?"

"No, she went to bed at the same time as always. I also checked her room, and she's not there." Loki's beginning to worry. "Has anyone seen Mother?"

"I'm right here, Loki." Frigga says as she walks in. "I haven't seen Vladislava either. Is it possible that she went exploring?"

"Without us? Improbable," he shakes his head. "I've never let her leave the palace without one of us. And she's too much of an angel to disobey that big of a rule. Especially since I didn't give her many to follow." They shrug in confusion. A horrid thought crosses Loki's mind and he storms over to Odin when the man walks in. "Where is my daughter?" He questions harshly.

"Loki, I doubt Odin had anything with Vladislava disappearing. Sif, get the guards to search for her. She must be found at once." Thor orders. Loki walks away with her and he helps her search, astral projecting himself all around Asgard and the palace to try to find her. It's not like her to disappear like this. Something happened, he knows it.

Something terrible.

It takes a month before they find out anything and Loki's boiling with rage when he does. He storms into the dining room where Odin and Frigga are eating. He slams his palms down on the table, looming over Odin. "What did you do to Vladislava?" He yells at his father. Sif and Thor walk in, looking as angry as Loki, and Frigga stands up in alarm.

"What you should've done eight years ago," Odin says calmly. "Disposed of her." Frigga stumbles back a step with a gasp and covers her mouth. She turns around, sobbing softly. Loki straightens up, tears threatening to fall down his face.

"Why?" Thor asks what Loki cannot.

"Because she was too dangerous to be left alive. I told you that!" Odin argues as he stands up.

"That was my decision!" Thor yells. "I was the one who decided whether she stayed or not. That was my niece! Your granddaughter, and you murdered her out of fear for what she'd become?"

"Because what she would've become was a monster! Just like her father!"

"No, you're the monster!" Loki screams, tears streaming down his cheeks. "My baby girl was an angel. She could pick up Mjolnir, she was meant to rule Asgard. You had no right to take her away from me!"

"I had every right!"

"No, you did not." Thor snaps. "I ordered that the girl would be unharmed, that's why I named her my heir. Loki is right! And for your crimes against the royal family, I sentence you to exile." He orders. "You are hereby exiled from the realm of Asgard. If you are ever seen in my country without my permission, you will be killed on sight." Frigga looks at him with a face full of hurt and fear. "Take him away."

"Gladly," Sif growls as she grabs his arm, leading him out of the room. As soon as he's gone, Loki lets out a shaky exhale and collapses to his knees on the ground, letting tears fall. Thor wraps his arms around his brother, and Loki turns, burying his face in his brother's chest as he sobs. Frigga wraps her arms around Loki and they comfort him as he cries.

Loki is broken at the loss of his daughter. He became the evil person his father told him he was. He attacked New York in that fury. He had lost everything, he wanted something close to what his brother had. It took him a long time to even try to move on from her death. After a few years, he got rid of the homicidal tendencies and his brother let him out of prison. He stopped being evil, but he wasn't as cheerful or happy as he used to be.

Thor wanted to help Loki so badly, so he did the only thing he could think of. Took him to a place where he might find that cheer again.