24

Jamie had already lost her once. He knew that pain, the tightness in his chest that suffocated him from the inside out, the heaviness on his shoulders, the sorrow in his gait. 

     He knew that feeling all too well. He knew this feeling all too well.

     He peppered her body with tender kisses, the skin tickled under his lips and the heat within her body rose. She was glowing, and with ever kiss, she glew brighter. 

     She was like an angel, he thought, sprawled out in the snow-white sheets like this. Underneath him, like this. 

     It was a scary thing, the idea of giving into the temptation. The line was right there, all he had to do was cross it. The line did not even exist, but it fell as real as the heart beating under him. Jamie could see her breath quickening, her heart rate soaring, and it was not until then that he realized his heart was doing the same. 

     He could not help but worry he was overstepping. If what they had was too fragile, too complicated, this could all go to ruin. If he kissed her harder, would she stay? Or would she melt away like ice water against his too warm hands, forever slipping through his fingers? 

     Amidst his frustration, they had begun kissing harder, pulling each other closer, unconciously breaking the barriers in between them. A wave of lust, love, and pleasure pounded at their core, draping their hot skin in a bittersweet spell. 

     There were a million thoughts swarming through his head and yet she was able to stop them all with one word. 

     "Please," she says. 

     Jamie freezes for a second, beginning to think he had imagined the word, but she was peering right at him, willing him to continue with her eyes. 

     "Are you sure?" he asks. 

     "Yes." 

     Everything felt so unreal. He was dreaming, he had to be, and she felt the same. Their bodies collided in unison, breaking down every barrier that held them apart. And then, it was just them, skin against skin, heartbeat against heartbeat, lips emitting sounds that harmonized together in the most beautiful song.

     Jamie reached for the light at the bedside, prepared to enclose themselves in darkness, secretly hoping it would take her attention away from his fading arm. 

     "No, don't," Y/N says, half pleading, half demanding. "I want to see you." 

     Jamie smirks, pulling away from the lamp chord. "As you wish, love." 

     He took her face in his hands and reunited his lips, a strong and sudden emotion flooding through his veins. She felt his fingers trace her body down lower and lower, rubbing circles into her skin, dipping down to where she needed him most. 

     "Oh my god..."

     And then they connected in a way she had never dreamed they could. Here she was, heated from the inside out, full in a way she had never felt before, and she wanted more. She needed more. 

     He gave her more. 

     First, it was slow, as they molded themselves into the other, marking themselves onto each other's skin—his hands on her waist, her teeth against his neck—marks that would be there forever and ever, long after they had gone and faded away. 

     Her name left his lips more times than he could count, he liked the way it felt on his tongue, loved the way she clenched around him when he moaned it. 

      The stress eased away, the tension between them fell, the fear was at bay, each wave weaker than the last. 

     If this was what it was like to finally give in, if this was what it was like to finally let go, then let them give in, let them let go. They can take whatever life throws at them, take it with open arms, and still remain standing.