ONE

ONE

"Uma! Get ready to go, you've got twenty minutes!"

Uma Sharma sat up in her bed as she heard her father's booming voice from the opposite side of the house, and climbed out of the comfy bed that she had slept in, to head towards her ensuite bathroom to have a shower.

She was very lucky to be able to shower quickly, since she knew that a lot of people, like her cousins spent around an hour in the shower, whereas she could have finished in less than fifteen minutes.

After only ten minutes in the bathroom, she chambered out of her bathroom to change in to a pair of black jeans and a black top with lace sleeves before she quickly pulled on a white pair of trainers since she knew that she was not able to walk in heels without falling over.

Her phone was shoved in to the back pocket of her jeans as she grabbed a jacket and her bag before she took off towards the front door to meet her father and their driver.

"You're early." Her father chuckled at her as she rolled her eyes as she chambered in to the back seat of the car.

"You say that like it's a bad thing, father." Uma smiled as she heard her father's laughter.

"It's not, but it is very surprising. You are never early."

"But I am today." Uma winked at her driver through the mirror, seeing the man shake his head from side to side as he laughed.

"When we get there, you are to stay by my side until I find somebody to keep you company, okay?" Her father switched to his stern voice as his smile dropped.

"Yes father." Uma nodded her head up and down as she took a sip from her bottle of water.

"If Jehan is available then I will see if he can keep you company." Uma's father spoke to his daughter as she listened intently to him.

As the Sharma's arrived at the race track of Imola, Uma and her father stayed side by side as they made their way towards the Prema racing team.

"Jehan!" The booming voice of the elder Sharma shouted as the driver in question ran towards the two Sharma's with a bright smile on his face.

Jehan Daruvala beamed at the two members of the Sharma family as he shook hands with the man who was a very prominent figure in motorsport.

The Daruvala man turned to the daughter of the man and smiled at her, before the two of them placed bowed at each other, with their palms flat against each other.

"Hello Mr Sharma, it is lovely to see you again." Jehan greeted the Sharma man, before he noticed the smile that he was receiving from the man.

"Thank you, Jehan. If you are free, I would like you to show my daughter around here." Mr Sharma noticed the boy nodding his head up and down.

"Of course. Is there anywhere where Miss Sharma would like to go first?" Jehan was careful not to step too close to the woman whilst she was in front of her father, since he knew that he was a very strict man.

Uma noticed the look that her father was giving her and smiled before speaking. "I would like to get some food first, if that is okay?"

Her father soon sent her on her way with the Formula Two driver who was driving for Prema, and as soon as they were out of ear shot and sight of the strict man, the two of them laughed together.

Jehan and Uma had known each other for quite a long time due to the fact that her father did not trust her with as he called Western men, and so with Jehan being Indian, the two of them had become friends and would always laugh and joke when they were around each other.