Chapter 1

During a summer afternoon, Professor Cerise was in his research lab, looking through various sightings of Pokemon, until he came across one that peaks his interest. 

He calls Chloe into his lab. "What did you want to show, Dad?" Chloe said. Professor Cerise turns around and shows his daughter his finding. "I think I found the final Eeveelution your Eevee needs to meet." Professor Cerise said. He told Chloe about the Sylveon saw and its mysterious trainer, who is participating in Pokémon contests in Hoenn, and the most sighting was in Lilycove City. "Wow.", Chloe said. "I've never been to Hoenn before". The Professor saw her face glowing with intrigue and excitement. "Well, why don't you go there?" the Professor said. "Hoenn has Pokemon contests as well as here in Kanto and the next contest is being held there in three days." 

Chloe was happy, as it would mean she'd get to learn more about herself, and it would be good for her to travel to more regions. "I would love to go!" she said. 

Happy for his daughter, Cerise tells her that Ash and Goh are also in Hoenn, searching for an Altaria. He then booked her a boat ride to Lily and should arrive there by morning. Chloe goes to pack her things and decides to bring yamper along as well. "This is going to be fun!", she thought to herself. After she finished packing, Chloe said her goodbyes to her family, and boarded the boat to Hoenn.

In Lilycove City

It was now dusk in Lilycove city, as Ash and Goh return from the forest, exhausted after failing to catch an Altaria. 

As they were on their way back to the Pokemon Center, Goh spots a poster about the next contest being held in the city in three days. "Hey Ash, look at this!", he said, getting Ash's attention. "There's aPokemon contest starting in a few days." Ash looked and was happy. "Wow, awesome", Ash said, thinking about the last time he watched one. "I haven't seen or participated in a contest in years." Goh looked at Ash confused. "Wait, you used to participate in contests?", Goh asked. "Yes." Ash said. "But I only participated in them to help Dawn get her confidence back, and to help me prepare for my gym battles." 

After he explained how he used to participate in contests, he started to have flashbacks to someone, but just as he was going to ask himself about something, he is snapped out of his thoughts by Goh. "Hey Ash, you okay?", he asked. Ash put on a fake smile and said, "Yes I am". Just then, a large armored person walks up to them. "Hey guys". He said. 

He is then greeted by Goh. " Hi, Commander.", Goh said. "Did you two catch an Altaria yet?", the Commander asked. Goh looks down and says no. "Well, there is always tomorrow.", the Commander. Seeing the time, they decide to head back to the Pokemon center to eat and go to sleep.

Around midnight, Ash was having trouble sleeping and decided to look up at the ceiling. Pikachu then walks up to him, wondering what's on his trainer's mind. "Oh, Hey Pikachu." Ash said, greeting his partner. "Pika Chu.", Pikachu squeaked, worried about his trainer. "It's nothing, buddy.", Ash said, trying to reassure his partner. "It's just that...", Ash tried to say something, but found it difficult to say something. Pikachu noticed this and cuddled with Ash. "Thanks, buddy." Ash said, thankful that his number one Pokemon partner is always there for him. 

He finally relaxed and was able to talk about what he was thinking. "Ever since I saw that poster about the Pokemon contest being held here, I got flashbacks to Serena." Ash said to Pikachu, listening to his trainer's every word. "Ever since Kalos, I've had a lot to think about. When Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet got married, I started to think back to some of my past travels and all the weird stuff Brock did." 

Pikachu chuckled at this, remembering all the times Brock flirted with and always got pulled by the ear by Misty and Max, and how Croagunk always used Poison Jab and dragged Brock away. "Then now when we saw that poster, I thought back to Kalos, and our journey through it." Pikachu also remembered Kalos. Bonnie, Clemont, Serena, and all the stuff they did together. Pikachu then blushed slightly when thinking about Sylveon. Ash didn't notice this and continued. "The one thing that made our journey better was Serena joining us. I had always enjoyed her company, and I feel grateful to have met her back at summer camp."