Chapter 3

"There you three are. Where have you been?", Chloe asks, walking up to them, slightly annoyed. "Sorry, but I was challenged to a battle by Wallace." Ash said, rubbing the back of his head. "And I caught an Altaria." Goh said. "I was at the contest hall, talking to my men." the Commander said. 

Just as they were finished, Serena walked up to them and was stunned to see Ash. "Ash?" Serena said. Ash looked behind Chloe and saw Serena. "Serena?" Ash said, stunned to see his childhood friend again. 

Serena's heart beats really fast as she hasn't seen Ash in so long. Ash's own heart begins to beat fast as he too hasn't seen Serena in so long and notices how much she's grown and matured. "Hey Serena!" Ash said, flashing his signature smile at her, causing Serena to blush even more. "H-Hey Ash." Serena said, trying to keep herself composed as much as possible. Out of nowhere, Serena decides to hug Ash. "I missed you so much." she said, almost crying that she couldn't believe he was here. Ash hugs back. "I missed you too." he said. They hugged each other for what felt like an eternity, and Ash let go. 

Serena was about to say something to Ash, when his stomach growled. Everyone laughs, and they decide to have dinner. While eating, the Commander, Chloe and Goh noticed the way Ash and Serena behaved. After dinner, everyone heads back to their rooms to sleep.

Later in the night

Everyone begins to go to sleep, except for Serena who couldn't sleep. She was still in shock that she saw Ash again. 

Chloe, who was also still awake, saw Serena and decided to talk to her for a little. "Hey serena." Chloe said. "Oh hey Chloe. I thought you were asleep." Serena said. "Couldn't sleep." Chloe said. "Can I ask you something?" Chloe asked. Serena had a feeling she knew what Chloe would ask. "What is it?" Serena said. "What's the story between you and Ash?" Chloe asked. 

Serena started to blush, but held it back with everything she had. She then began to tell Chloe the story of how she and Ash met. "Well, we first met when I went to Professor Oak's Pokemon summer camp 9 years ago." Serena said. Chloe was surprised at this, as she and Goh also went to Oak's camp 9 years prior. "How did you meet?" Chloe asked. 

"One day, I wandered into the forest, and got lost. I tried finding my way out, but I was startled by a Poliwag, and fell. I scraped my knee on a tree trunk, and I was afraid. Just then, I heard rustling in the bushes, and I saw Ash walking out, as he was looking for Poliwag. He knelt down in front of me, and used a small handkerchief to heal the scrape on my knee, and helped me up. We then walked back to camp, spent the rest of the summer together." Serena said. Chloe was shocked that they were so close back then. "What else happened?" She asked. "When the summer was close to ending, my mom told me that we were moving back to Kalos. I didn't want to leave, as I wanted to spend more time with Ash. But, it wasn't my choice. I had to leave." Serena said, with tears forming in her eyes. 

Chloe saw this, and wanted to comfort her. "When did you two reunite?" Chloe asked. "We reunited when Ash was traveling through Kalos. I first saw him when he was on the news. That night, he had saved Professor Sycamore's Garchomp. When I got my first Pokemon, the professor told me that he was in Santalune City, taking on the gym leader there. So, me and Fennekin traveled there to meet Ash." Serena said. "Did Ash win the gym battle?" Chloe asked, wanting to hear more. "No, he was beaten badly. After his Pokemon were healed, he did some special training, and the next day he won his gym badge." Serena said. 

She continued on until after she told Chloe about her plans of going to Hoenn. "What happened before you and Ash parted ways?" Chloe asked. Serena was very hesitant, as she hasn't talked about the kiss since it happened. "W-well, before I left, I gave Ash a gift." Serena said, hesitantly. Chloe noticed this and got suspicious. "What was the gift?" she asked. Serena was still hesitant, but knew Chloe would out one way or another. "Before I went down an escalator, I ran back up to Ash and... kissed him on the lips." She sighed.