07 | First work day with him

LAUREL'S POV:

"Come in" I answer the person knocking at my office door and Mr handsome walks in.

I feel weak and nauseous immediately I see him, I suddenly feel uneasy and careful with how I act with him here. God he's looking more alluring than before with a blue sweatshirt that latched on to his chest revealing his broad shoulders and muscular arms. And black skinny jeans that showed his firm sexy legs and big dick?, the jean around his groin swelled in a way that suggested it.

For the first time, I notice how defined and brawny he looks, does he work out?  I think to myself as I observe him from head to toe, not realizing that I'm staring. I notice his palms are sweaty and he's looking at me more than he should, is he checking me out too? I think to myself. We lock eyes again and I melt just as I see them, "Whoa" I find myself saying beneath my breath but he hears me.

Blushing as if he knows I'm admiring him, he says "Are you okay ma'am?" Off course I'm not okay.

"Yes, I am" I tell him, clearing my throat and avoiding eye contact as my heart rate stabilizes.

"Are you comfortable in your new office?" I ask him. Wait, why am I concerned about this guy?

"Yes, the view is out of this world" he replies.

"The view?" I ask him confused.

"Yes" he replies smiling mischievously. But the only thing he can see from there is my office and my window. Wait, does he mean me? Gosh he's a flirt, I think to myself.

"Well I'm glad you like it" I tell him. "There's a meeting with the company's board of directors in 5 minutes, I want you to attend the meeting, you can pick out how things are done from there. The boardroom is on the fourth floor, just stand at the back and don't say anything, I'll see you there".

"Yes ma'am" he says and leaves my office.

I reach the boardroom and everyone's already seated but they stand up immediately they see me.

"Welcome Miss Wright" they greet me as I take my seat at the front executive chair.

"Please have your seats. As you know, my brother the CEO is abroad taking care of our overseas branches so I'll be handling his duties until he's back". I tell them firmly. I sight Femi standing at the back looking at me.

"Now for the agenda for today's meeting; Lack of automation and the online scandal going on now concerning one of our top restaurant branch here in LA. You've all already been briefed but I'll just summarize it in case one of you did not have the time to go over it". 

"We'll start with the scandal. Apparently one of our customers saw a cockroach in his food and made a scene in the restaurant. The manager confronted the chef and the employee that served him about it but they said they were certain that the food was clean when it was served and the restaurant was always very clean too, they insisted there was no way the cockroach got into his food unless the man put it in himself to get a free meal. The manager checked the CCTV footage but there was nothing, the camera did not cover where the customer sat so the manager tried to calm him, he apologized and replaced his meal with a feast for free".

"They thought it was past them until the next day when they saw a long anonymous complaint about the incident on our official site and all our social media pages. People were already reacting aggressively to it, tarnishing our good name, there are also other posts of people claiming that they had the same experience with us, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the work of one of our rivals. Anyways, our customers have reduced since then, not only in that restaurant branch but in other branches as well and our stock price has plummeted as you know already, hence the reason for this meeting".